9.22.2009

25 Weeks

Since the beginning, Crista has been taking
belly pictures with me.
She takes it seriously, like its her responsibility.
She knows just where to put her hands too.
This one cracked me up
and I wanted to share.
Our Crista is so excited about becoming a big sister
and loves sharing in the smallest joys...
even belly pictures!


How far along? 25 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +15 lbs from pre pregnancy weight
Maternity clothes? Yes and my mom bought me a couple of cute new tops! Thanks Mama!
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Spoke with the OB today at my appointment about the pain I get in my hips at night. She gave me some exercises to do and promises me it will take care of the problem. I’m looking forward to a night without pain!
Best moment this week: Shopping for Sprinkles with my mom. Also, today at my OB appointment I saw the last of the 4 Dr’s (any one of them could deliver Sprinkles so I have to meet them all at some point in my pregnancy). I was explaining that I had surgery last summer to remove a cyst and an ovary. She looked right at me and said, “You’re very lucky to have gotten pregnant!” (Oh and don't we know!) After that she referred to Sprinkles as the “Little Miracle”. Jake and I talked about that when I got home and agreed…It’s Crista that’s our Miracle…Sprinkles is our extra-blessing!
Movement: She’s getting stronger everyday and I can feel her moving and flip-flopping around constantly. I can feel her at least once every hour for about 10 minutes at a time. This is absolutely my favorite part of being pregnant.
Food cravings: I REALLY want a corndog. I’ve already talked it over with my MIL and she’s to bring me one right after I deliver!
Gender: Girl
Labor signs: Nope
Belly button in or out? Still an innie
What I miss: I miss a few things but I’d give them all up forever just to have this experience.
What I am looking forward to: Getting the baby’s room ready.
Weekly Wisdom: Shopping ALL day…probably not a good idea :-)
Milestones: We bought our carseat! This is really happening!


Here's the evidence of our shopping spree last week!
Most of the outfits came from an
awesome consignment sale
that happens twice a year in our area.
They allow pregnant women to come in
the night before it officially opens to shop.
I was a lucky one and most of the outfits I bought
still had tags on them.
Brand name, brand new clothes for a fraction of the cost.
I even bought a few older outfits for later.
I think we're set clothes-wise!
We also bought our carseat last week.
There are so many infant carriers to choose from
but we finally narrowed it down to one.
I wanted a gender-neutral color
(you know, just in case)
I love the one we chose and can't wait to see
a tiny baby girl in it!
I told Jake that with all the preparations
and changes going on,
buying the carseat made everything so much more real.
I keep saying,
"This really is happening!"


13 comments:

Amy said...

I love the belly pictures. The outfits are adorable. I get to go shopping Thursday at the consignment sale we contribute to twice a year. I have contributed since Taylor was born and I always make more than we buy...so its like they are paying me to dress my kids. I love it!

Blessings,
Amy

Just Believing said...

Thats so exciting and I love both your belly pictures :)

Los Angeles is having a HUGE consignment sale the weekend after the shower which is so perfect! Whatever we don't get at the shower we can consign :)

Anonymous said...

Great car seat! I love hearing your excitement! I'm excited for you too! What great clothes you got!

Marsha said...

Great pictures, especailly the one with Crista. All the clothes are really cute!! Isn't it fun buying the little tiny ones!!
Marsha

Hannah said...

You have to be the cutest pregnant lady in town! Adorable.

I LOVE that picture with Crista, her expression is priceless!

Sophia keeps telling me she wants to be a big sister. Hmm.

What a cool thing that they let the pregnant ladies in to shop the night before!

Julie Rivera said...

Hey, we have a Chicco carseat and stroller system, too! Of course, as this is the second child, it is the hand-me-down from three years ago... :) But I did take it all apart, wash all the pieces and put it back together yesterday!

Molly said...

SO fun!!! :) I'm getting excited for you guys and I've never even met you haha. I love Crista's excitement for her little sister- that is so cute.

Lindy said...

Look at all those beautiful clothes for Sprinkles. She'll be the best dressed baby on the block.

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

cute cute cute, Ihope bythe looks of the clothes that sprinkles (also a better girl name) is a girl when she is born. I remember getting the carseat for Maya and putting it in the car facing backwards, yea well obviousley she didn't come for another 9 months so I had Joe turn it around before we got hom or maybe I did I dont' remember but i loved having it in the car just waiting for her to come home.

Jennifer Bowen said...

Looks like you're well-prepared, Melinda! I love the photo of Crista posing with you... adorable. And you look fantastic and still glowing. :) The little baby clothes are darling. Love the pink!

Gardenia said...

I keep saying this, but you DO look awesome -- how can a pregnant person be so beautiful EVERY week! the baby outfits are precious. and I love the photo of Crista and you. She will be an awesome big sis.

Brooke said...

I am glad you are getting things together. I cant believe how fast time is flying. Yes I did notice my ticker today! I couldn't believe it only said 100 days left. Its funny we are so close with our pregnancy's and I also have gained 14 pounds! We are right on track.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I am SO excited for you. How fun! very, very exciting. LOVE the baby clothes to pieces.