7.29.2010

F O U R

Happy Birthday to my BIG girl!!
There are SO many things Daddy & Mama adore about you!
1. We love Love LOVE your heart melting smile,
your infectious laugh,
and your quirky sense of humor
There is no one who can turn a bad day around
quicker than you!
2.  You my love, are a walking contradiction!
You get frustrated when you can't do something but
refuse
any and all help.
You are by far the cuddliest child who never wants to be cuddled!
There are days you are so painfully shy that saying "Hi"
{to someone you KNOW}
is too difficult.
But then you'll turn right around and talk to a stranger in Wal-Mart
telling them details about our life
that I'd rather them not know  :-)
And you are the most adventurous scaredy cat I know!
I've never met a child who will jump into the deep end of the pool,
without her floaties on,
squealing with delight
but will scream and cry and run frantically away
because an
ant
crawled in the same vicinity you were playing.
You my child are a mystery!

3.  We can't say this one enough...
the way you love Addie just makes us
fall in love with you
all over again.
You were born to be a big sister,
so compassionate, so gentle, so understanding.
You amaze us!!
4.  Your passion is something to be admired!
Whether its playing superhero's with Lovie,
 making muffins with Mama
or throwing a tantrum,
you do it with a fervor that no one can rival.
Your enthusiasm and excitement for life is something we admire in you
and wish to emulate in our own lives.

Its so hard to believe our {first baby} is FOUR!
We pray every year is better than the last
and you will grow in knowledge and in love for the Lord!
We love you
we adore you
and we are so thankful you are our special blessing!
Happy Birthday Sweet Crista!!

I started a new tradition last year with Crista
This year's interview was entertaining for me,
and many of her answers were surprising!
So here are Crista's hopes, desires and aspirations on her
fourth birthday!

1.  How old are you today?  4!!!
2.  Who is your best friend?  Reese & Chaney
3.  What is your favorite color?  blue
4.  What is your favorite game?  my snowman puzzle
5.  What is your favorite food?  strawberries & spaghetti
6.  What do you want to be when you grow up?  a vet (total shocker since she's afraid of animals!) and a mom.
7.  How many kids do you want to have?  2 girls.  And I'll name then Abbie & Cristine.  Because its close to Addie name and my name!
8.  Will you get married?  And to who?  uh...yea Mama!  I think I'll get married to Hudson.
9.  What is your favorite book?  the dinosaur one
10.  What is your favorite thing to play?  with my trucks
11.  What is your favorite toy?  Lovie.  But she's real.
12.  What are  you looking forward to the most this coming year?  Peppermint (her new kitten she'll be getting in a few weeks)
13.  What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy?  ride bikes
14.  What is your favorite thing to do with Mama?  go bowling
15.  What is your favorite thing to do with Addie?  make her laugh

12 comments:

Hannah said...

I am SO in love with that first picture! That is the best picture ever. I just love, love, love it. I am going to copy it for Sophia's birthday. I know that it is tacky to copy but we are friends so I am going to be tacky :)

I gotta say, I adore Crista. In fact I like her so much I like to call you Crista :) She really is such an amazing child.

Jaimee said...

Great post, I love that you wrote this on her birthday and also documented her favorite things. She is absolutely beautful and your pictures are amazing. Happy Birthday to Crista!

Lindy said...

Happy 4th Birthday to Crista!! My favorite comment is about her two girls... Abbie and Cristine! She is so funny and quite imaginative. What fun it will be to see her with a kitty. Is Peppermint a birthday present?

Arena Mom said...

Happy Birthday Crista!!! I don't know what I love more about this post....the pictures or your descriptions! She sounds like such a fun little girl! And I lOVE that first picutre!

nora said...

I love the interview. The piece about being a walking contradiction is SO true for Julia - especially the adventurous scaredy cat.

Great pictures - of course. I think my favorite part of seeing my girls grow up is the range of expressions that they now have.

Happy Birthday Crista!

Brooke said...

All of those pictures are so so cute. I feel like I get to know your sweet girl every time I look at her pictures. She has so much personality. The little questionnaire is too fun.

Bus and Sabra said...

Happy birthday, Crista! Love all the pics Momma takes of her little happy one! Yes, the first picture is too cool, but, the one of you in your hat, laughing is hilarious!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I always wait for our anniversary day so that Crista also has a birthday and I can see what pictures you came up with. I love love love that first one, hey its ok to cope right???? I am goign to have to do an interview this year too it so fun to read them later.
Happy Birthday Crista! Maya will be so envious of your new kittie.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Crista!!!!!
What a beautiful girl you are on the inside and out!

Laurie said...

Feliz cumpleaños Crista! I love the blue is her favorite color and not a princess thing mentioned! I'm not alone! :)

jenn said...

happy birthday crista! the pictures are fantastic and i love the idea of the interview!

Aileen said...

Gorgeous pictures of your beautiful birthday girl! Love her answers to the interview questions and your post all about her. So sweet!