I didn't want this day to pass by without acknowledging it.
Today Addie is the exact age Crista was when she was
placed in our arms.
That seems very special to me.
I'm trying to wrap my head around this,
and to be honest, its a little emotional.
I think how blessed we were to have Crista's adoption finalized
when she was so young.
I know so many others had much longer waits.
I think of how quickly the past 6 months with Addie have flown by
and I'm grateful that's all the time that I missed with Crista, and no more.
But then I think of the past 6 months with Addie
and how many firsts I witnessed
and I still mourn the loss of those first precious months with my firstborn.
Bittersweet.
Both journeys, adoption & biological,
have fulfilled my dreams.
Both are so special to me.
Yet they are completely different experiences.
There is no other experience like feeling your baby move around in your tummy,
no other experience like giving birth.
It truly is amazing.
But there is no other experience like meeting your baby for the first time
and feeling and instant bond
even though you've been separated by miles and miles of oceans.
There is no other experience like knowing you would lay down your life
for a child who you love more than can be described,
and yet you just met her.
And there is no other experience like seeing how perfectly this child fits into
your family, something biology sometimes struggles to do.
It truly is amazing.
I give God all the glory for forming my little family
and for giving me the privilege to experience BOTH miracles!
Truly amazing!
Crista at 6 months 3 weeks 3 days
Addie at 6 months 3 weeks 3 days










9 comments:
What a perfect post. I love it!
What a sweet post. I loved it. I can not believe that Crista came home so early...what a blessing.
You have been blessed with two super adorable baby girls :)
I have a friend that has one of "each." She says the similarity is that they were both miracles of an outside chance. I think you might agree.
What a beautiful post! I can imagine that is emotional for you. I haven't let my mind venture back to what I missed out on Mayna's first 13 months and one day in a while. It is just to hard to do sometimes. Despite all the other fun and firsts we will have.
after 2 years home I have finlly stopped reflecting back likeI did the first year. If we are lucky enough to adopt again, I'm sure I will be doing the same thing you are with the pictures, I just won't be able to help myself. I still mourn for Maya's babyhood, even thought we were lucky enought o go and visit 16 months of not being home as a family is too long, and we were one of the lucky ones.
Loving this post. What a pair of cutie pies. I tried to soak up every moment of pregnancy knowing that I might never have that experience again. Lord knows I pray that I have the chance to carry a second baby but I am just so unbelievably happy with our little man. Your two girls are just such a joy.
BEAUTIFUL!!
Great post! Both girls are so adorable. And God is so good. Giving you an adopted baby first so you wouldn't know first hand what you were missing by waiting 6 months for Crista to join your family. I was always thankful for that when we went through John's adoption because he came home at 11 1/2 months old and I did not know what I was missing not having him home all those months.
beautiful!
Post a Comment