7.23.2010

7 Months

Oh, Addie Grace.
Is it true that you're 7 months already?
Your infant days are numbered
but the fun we're having in your "big baby" days is
undeniable!


Addie proves to be the happiest baby,
only crying if hungry, tired, or if
big sister
loves on her a little too...ummmm
passionately!
Addie has settled in to a good routine.
She likes a solid 2 hour nap in the morning
And then a smaller 45 min nap in the afternoon.
She still struggles at times with the afternoon nap but each day seems easier than the last.

Addie is still a wonderful eater…
must take after the {Brown side} of the family!
She is nursing every 4-5 hours during the day
And will sleep between 7-8 hours at night
Before waking up for a quick (10 min) snack
And falling back to sleep for another 4 hours.
Addie has had no issues with eating solids.
In fact, I can’t shovel it in fast enough for her!
She constantly fusses at me for being too slow :-)
Addie loves green beans, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, & butternut squash.
And she can’t get enough baby oatmeal!
Next month we’ll introduce some fruits too!
I'm making all of her baby food, which I love doing!
Because of her allergies (milk & possibly soy)
I like knowing exactly what she's eating!

Addie now weighs a little over 14 lbs
wears size 2 diapers
and can wear 3-6 month clothes comfortably.
She can wear a few 6 month sizes too!
She's still a peanut, but a healthy one!
Have you noticed the chunk on those legs?!
Addie has been hitting milestones left and right this month!
~She can now sit unsupported.
~She is not crawling, but is mobile.  She just goes in reverse!
~She is starting to bring her legs under her to get into the crawling position.
~She is constantly babbling and mimicking sounds.
~She has figured out the I-drop-and-Mama-picks-up game...
and does it ALL THE TIME!!
~She is beginning to use the pincher grasp to pick up objects,
which then goes directly into her mouth!
~She is able to play by herself for 15-20 minutes at a time.
~She is able to self-soothe and put herself to sleep.

But my hands-down favorite milestone Addie Grace has hit this month is the
open mouth kisses!
I will ask her for one and sometime she'll give me the
biggest kiss {slobber and all}
and sometime she'll play coy with me.
I love it!!





How can it be that each day is better than the last,
even when today is the definition of perfection?!?!
We love you little Blue Eyed Pumpkin!!
Happy 7 months!!

11 comments:

Brittany said...

OH MY! What a doll! I think these are my favorite pictures of her so far! I love her outfit and her little headband. Beautiful! :)

Happy 7 Months!

Brittany said...

By the way, I don't know if I ever mentioned that my oldest son has a milk allergy. We go back to the allergist in August, hoping to have outgrown it! (crossing fingers) I have great recipes if you ever need any down the road!

jenn said...

what a doll baby! happy 7 months addie! sint this such a fun age!

Melissa G said...

Wow! I can't believe she's 7 months already!
Lovely pictures as always!

Gardenia said...

well, the baby sounds like the best baby in the world, and just look at that face and smile and those chubby wrists and well I could go on! I love your composition-- the backgrounds, the pavement juxaposed with the soft fabric of Addie's pink outfit -- so cool.

Dani said...

aawww the open mouth kisses are my favorite!! I love that you make your own baby food. She looks so happy and healthy!

Anonymous said...

Happy 7 months Addie! Your getting cuter and cuter every day!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

boy she is sooo cute! love that first picture and the one with the pacifier. what an easy baby!
so I realize you don't have a canon, and after helping my cousin with her nikkon her pictures with the same settings looked better!!!! now that I shoot on manuel, I love that the skin is looking better and not so over saturated, buttttttt I am lacking in saturations and still have alot more shadows, I even tried turning it back to portrait and shooting in manuel but I don't see any difference, any idea's or suggestions? gretsky4 at yahoo.com

Brooke said...

Oh my. Our little blessings are so much alike even outside the womb. I could have written the first part of your post. Sleep habits and eating. Crazy. As you can see on my blog Colton is definately crawling! lol You need to get one of those open mouth kisses on camera for sure. I love love love this stage. Ok I love all the stages so far but it just gets better each day.

Marsha said...

Those pictures are soooo beautiful!!!! They are growing up so fast arent they?
Marsha

Hannah said...

She is such a sweetheart. I love the pictures of her and I love how angelic they feel. It is very fitting for you sweet little angel :)