7.05.2010

My Addie Grace

My {sweet} second child
that lights up my life
with huge gummy grins and
everlasting belly giggles.
Who is a big Mama's girl,
always scanning the room for me,
calling to me,
not being satisfied until you're in my arms.
You're attached to Mama.
But Mama's a little attached too :-)
Who has a strong will
but a sweet spirit.
And can make my heart swell with pride
with one tiny glance.
Who thinks its STILL ok
to wake Mama up
{every night}
because you want a little snack.
But you make it worthwhile
by gently placing your hand on my face
while nursing
and then silently drifting back off to sleep
in my arms.
I was astonished when I found out I was expecting you.
You were quite the surprise,
the very last thing on my mind!
But God knew what He was doing...
you made our seemingly complete family
perfectly complete.
How did I not know that we were missing you?!

Addie Grace, Pumpkin, Little Miss, Baby Girl 
any my favorite
(that Crista calls you)
Baby Cakes.
You are adored and treasured.

{As I sat watching Crista play in the pool the other day, I realized I have very few pictures of me with the kids.
So I grabbed my camera and these photos came to be.
They're not perfect...you try taking your own picture!  But I LOVE them anyway.
Ones I will cherish forever!}

10 comments:

Steph{anie} said...

This post brought tears to my eyes; it is so obvious how much Addie loves you (and how much you love her!) She's so precious.

Anonymous said...

I think the pictures are absolutely beautiful and so are the both of you!

Lindy said...

You are the best photographer!! Week after week you have such cute ideas and great shots. Of course, your subjects are pretty cute, too! So glad that Miss Addie has graced your family.

Hannah said...

Those are amazing. I can't believe you took them yourself. I thought you had Jake help {I was really impressed with Jake too!}

LOVE these SO much!!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Those are just the best shots, I can't do that with my stinkin lens must get further back. Like you I am never in the pictures either. I relaly love the last one of her looking into your eyes, I have one like that of Maya and Joe in Guatemala. I used to call Maya baby cakes, but apparently that is not happening anymore, I would have to call her big girl cakes! she is NOT a baby.

Gretchen said...

Oh, those are so sweet and I cannot believe you took them yourself! How wonderful for you to have them for now and the future!

Anita said...

She is so beautiful. I love when they smile like that. We need together very soon.

Dani said...

I love her smile! She is just perfect und the pictures are beautiful. This will be a great memory for you and her!

Ashley said...

Love, love, love this pics! She has the BEST smile!!!

jenn said...

omg.....beautiful!
thats it@!