7.18.2010

All Aboard!!!

This afternoon we went with the whole family
on a train ride.
Besides the stifling heat and miserable humidity,
we all had a fabulous time!


There were people dressed in costumes,
carrying (pretend) guns
and all were in character.
Crista wasn't so sure of everything and
 needed just a little reassurance!
But it didn't take long for those winning grins to come out!
 Crista wasn't {the only one}with reservation.
 Addie on the other hand
was a trooper and seemed to
enjoy herself on the train!
 Halfway through the ride the trained stopped
at an ice cream shop.
It was a big hit with the kiddos!
 Sorry, no ice cream for baby!
She's sweet enough anyways!
 On the way back the train was robbed!
At gun point!
And scared poor Crista to tears.
I'm guessing this will be our last train ride for a while.
Thanks Papaw & Mamaw for a very fun
(and somewhat terrifying)
afternoon!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always waned o go on a train ride! Sounds like fun. At least until it got robbed! =)

Hannah said...

That is SO fun!! You'll have to tell me where it is so I can take the kids one day.

I gotta say of all the pictures, I ADORE the last one of you and Crista. That is pure sweetness!

Lindy said...

Poor Crista! We never see her in tears. I agree with Hannah... the last picture is very sweet.

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

wow I would hve been scared too as a kid. Maybe next time you will at least know what to expect so you can fill her in ahead of time. Pretty sure no normal trainrides for you guys for awhile, poor girl will be scared and waiting the whole time for something to happen.

Brooke said...

Oh poor Christa. Seems like a really fun concept. Probably more of a boy thing. lol Looks like Addie had a great time!