7.29.2009

It Was An Extraordinary Day

Crista turns 3 today!!
We had a special day of doing
nothing
out of the ordinary,
except...
3 candles on her pancakes,
drinking chocolate milk, and it's not even Saturday,
getting sung to 5 different times,
special gifts throughout the day,
swimming with the youth group,
extra stamps at gymnastics (because she's the Birthday Girl),
and saying over and over,
"THIS year I'm gonna be a big sister!"
We all agree, this was an extraordinary day!


Here are my favorites from Crista's 3 year old photo shoot
We had so much fun doing it!
I'm not sure if her good mood is from the
presents or from all the
extra sugar she's had today!
























Every year I plan on interviewing Crista
to document her likes and dreams.
It was fun asking her these questions
and seeing her response.
Some I could've guessed
while others were a surprise!
I'm sure as the years go on I'll add to my list
of questions.
But for now, this was as many as her
attention span
would allow!


How old are you today? This many (as she hold up 3 fingers)
What is your favorite color? Blue, and green too.
Who is your best friend? Lovie.
What do you want to be when you grow up? A fighterfighter (firefighter) girl or a nurse. But I really don't know yet.
What is your favorite toy? Umm, my dollhouse.
What is your favorite game? I LOVE Crisbee! (frisbee)
What is your favorite food? Ice cream!!

13 comments:

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday sweet Crista!! I can't wait to meet you...I hope you had a great, wonderful, perfectly amazing day :)

Melinda, I am IN LOVE with that first picture!! Serious, serious talent!

Just Believing said...

Happy Birthday Crista!

You are an amazing phtographer with such a beaUTIFUl little subject there on her 3rd birthday!!!!

Robyn said...

Gorgeous pics!! Happy Birthday Crista!!

Gardenia said...

I love the answers to the questions you posed. It gives us a look at her personality. The outfit she is wearing is so lovely. so grown up and yet so playful, and Crista is a beauty -- love the one with her holding her binky lamb blanket. and your photography is super!

RamblingMother said...

happy belated 3rd bday. love the pics.

Marsha said...

Happy Birthday Crista!!! The pictures are beautiful, I love the one with the balloons!!! Hope you have another wonderful year!!
Marsha

Julie Rivera said...

What a great idea, the interview....my daughter just turned 3 last month and I think I will have to copy you on that one! I think our little girls would get along well: both are newly 3, both have beloved lovies, and both are waiting for new babies to arrive this year. They'd have so much to talk about. :)

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Crista! I love the pics, especially the one with the balloons. You are so talented! I love that she got 3 candles on her pancakes. I may steal that idea for Emmi's birthday, she loves pancakes.

Ashley said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog..it made me feel much better!! Your little girl is beautiful!!! Sounds like a VERY special birthday;) Ps. I'm going ot add you to my blog!! Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Crista!!! Your a sweet beautiful girl!!!
Have lots of fun!!!

Mary Ann said...

Hi Melinda,
I am stropping in from Hannah's blog. Love all your pictures. What kind of camera do you have? Happy B/D Crista you sure are a cutie pie!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I"m so glad her mood improved, I think having a fun day with sugar usually does the trick. Love the pictures, the balloons turned out great, and her three fingers, and of course hugging her lovey, all of them were beautiful, cute hair too by the way. Happy Birthday!

nora said...

Lovely day and beautiful pictures! Glad you guys enjoyed it - 3 is fun!