My Crazy Blessed Life
I'm a planner.
Had my life planned out since childhood.
But not much has actually gone the way I've planned...
isn't that always the case?!
But we've just learned to roll with it,
knowing God has it all worked out for us.
After we got married, and decided it was time
to add to the family,
it didn't go exactly like we planned.
But we dealt with our grief, and with the loss of a dream.
And we kept going...straight to Guatemala.
We've never looked back.
Crista is our firstborn, our joy, our world!
And we wouldn't change a thing!!
Then, back in December, when Jake lost his job,
we sat scratching our heads
wondering how this fits into the plan.
But again,
God has blessed us with this detour
by giving us lots of family time...something we had been missing.
But nothing, and I mean NOTHING,
could have ever prepared us for what has happened next in our lives...
I think the shock has worn off now.We are excited and optimistic and hopeful.
Now that we’re safely in the second trimester
we feel better about sharing the news.
It was so hard keeping our little secret
because I started showing so early.
By 8 weeks I was already in maternity pants
and the maternity tops came soon after!
I’ve been so lucky that I haven’t had one bit of
morning sickness.
My pregnancy symptoms have been fairly non-existent
except that I’m
exhausted
ALL THE TIME!!
This pregnancy has been a joy and I’m loving every minute!
Today is another milestone as I am 14 weeks!
My due date is
January 5, 2010!!
last week that she's going to be a
big sister.
She is so excited!!
She's constantly asking "what's the baby doing in your tummy?"
and she rubs my belly and gives it kisses all day.
She's been telling the baby "Good-night" before going to bed
and informed me the baby wouldn't need a crib since
he/she will be sleeping with her in her
big girl bed.
And just this morning she decided the baby's name should be
"Sprinkles".
She's been watching me do belly photos for weeks now
without understanding why.
Now she insists on having belly photos too!
Definitely not what I had planned.
Its SO much better!!










25 comments:
OMG OMG im sooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!! Do you read the other guate moms blog who is preggo ? MARSHA?
Congrats ,leslie
OMG! How absolutely exciting is that!! I know Crista is going to make the most amazing big sister! Congratulations!!!
Oh my goodness - it sounds quite a bit like our lives last year! COngrats! On many fronts and your front and and and! Yea for you!
Get OUT!! That is awesome! Is that what the whole doctor thing was about a few months ago?? That is awesome, awesome, awesome!!
I am beyond excited for your family...Crista is going to be the BEST big sister "Sprinkles" has ever seen :)
Congratulations!!!
Yay :)
What a wonderful blessing!! Congratulations!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! That is such wonderful news for your family!
Congrats! [=
Oh wow!!!!!!!!!!! This is amazing!! Congratulations!! I love the picture of her posing holding her tummy!!!! This is such great news!
Congratualions! I am so jealous/envious but so excited for your family and baby sprinkles, hopefully thats just a nickname or Crista thinks of something new and I wouldn't say better but you know what I mean.
Love the jumping into the pool shots and those silly girls with their tongues out.
Congratulations!!!!!!! I LOVE the mother daughter belly shots that s so cute how she wanted some too :)
And her little cupcake dress i sadorable you look beautiful and looks like life is wonderful!!!!
Congrats! What an amazing blessing.
I just found your blog and I look forward to reading your updates.
Amy
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) So fun seeing your little baby belly!!
How exciting!! Congratulations!!
OMGosh! Just like everybody else! How wonderful! I am so happy for you and your beautiful family! I love the pics. How cute is Christa with her little girl baby belly? You look great! Hope that you feel great the whole time and welcome that baby boy (my prediction) in January, with all of the love that I know that you will!
OMG! Your news just made my day! I am sooo happy for you and your family! :) :) :) Congrats! You are beautiful pregnant!!! :)
Congrats!!!! What a blessing! Our story is so similar and I am 13 weeks along. I am due Jan. 12th. Isn't our God so GOOD!! Hope things continue to go well for you and your family!!
Oh my gosh!!!! So excited for your family!!!
I can't believe it. I am sooooo happy for you and Jake. When I read that your are pregnant I just cried for joy. We will have to get together sometime soon.
Love
Sissy
Yeah! Thank you Jesus! I love that photo of the pregnancy test. Creative shot.
OHGOSH! OMGOSH!
God is AMAZING!
WHAT A BLESSING THIS BABY WILL BE!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
God is truly wonderful! Congratulations!
I am so happy for all of you!!! Your mom told David and I at church this morning that you were expecting and I could have squealed with joy at the news. The Lord certainly has a way of blessing us when we are least expecting it! Your beauty and sweet kindness touches many, more than you know. It is certainly your time to shine and your families time to rejoice in reaping the benefits of living a Godly life! Congratulations and many blessings, you will be in my thoughts and prayers daily. Michele
Congrats on your latest bundle of joh! Crista is just aaaaah-dorable and I am sure will be the best big sis! The tummy picture of Crista just cracked me up!
That picture of Crista's "stomach" is too funny. Lane & I are sitting her laughing. She is so precious!
I love, love this!! It made me cry and I had to read it out loud to my hubby! Congrats and I hope that the tear repairs itself!
Your pictures are amazing! Love looking at them, of course you have a beautiful model!!
Congrats again! Have a great weekend!
Jessica
Post a Comment