1.01.2011

Addie's Official One Year Update

I have to keep telling myself that its true.
I have to remind myself that your Dad & I made you.
 I sometimes can't believe I carried you,
that I felt your kicks and your sweet little hiccups,
that my body expanded to accommodate you as you grew,
that I gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl
{and it only took me 4 pushes}
and that I had a superwoman complex for quite sometime after that.
It's still so hard for me to believe that I was pregnant
after the Doctors told me it was very unlikely to happen.
But for the past 9 days I've found it impossible to believe that you're a year old.
A whole year has passed us by since you've graced our lives.
As much as I want to freeze time, just where it is,
I also look forward to seeing who you become
and what very special plans God must have for you!
Addie Grace continues to be the sweetest baby who we just can't get enough of!
Her grins are so infectious
and her little voice, soothing.
She loves to make us laugh,
but loves laughing at Crista even more!
Those two have such a special bond
and I can't help but stop what I'm doing to watch them interact with each other.
It honestly makes my heart swell with pride
when I see them wanting to be with each other,
playing side by side,
and giving random hugs and kisses to the other.
I know its nothing I've done,
its because, against all odds,
these two were destined to be sisters.
Addie experienced many firsts this month...
first fever and trip to the ER,
first bloody lip,
first step (although she's not even close to walking!)
first Happy Meal at McDonalds,
first {and second} tooth,
first "real" Christmas,
first nursing strike,
and eating her first cupcake...dairy free of course!
She has also learned to climb this month
and loves practicing her new skill on our fireplace,
on her toys,
or anywhere her little legs can reach!

Addie is growing like a weed
but is still such a peanut!
At the Dr's appointment
she weighed 16lb 14oz
and was 28 inches long.
Addie is wearing 9 month clothes but is starting to creep into 12 month sizes.
She's still in a size 3 diaper.

Addie Grace is a pretty good eater.
She's still on the picky side but has decided she likes green peas.
And black eye peas
and white acre peas
and collard greens
but not green beans.
And not carrots.
She loves any and all meat
and most fruits on most days :-)
I'm still nursing her every 4 hours during the day
due to her milk allergy.
She's an efficient nurser so it only takes her a few minutes tops.

Addie is still doing great sleeping
although her being sick
threw her off a bit.
Typically she's in the bed around 6:45 to 7pm
and will sleep until 5 or 6, nurse, and most days
go back to sleep until 7 or 8am.
She is still taking 2 naps a day,
one at 9am and the other at 1pm.
Each nap lasts between 1 1/2 and 2 hrs.

Sweet Addie Grace is like a recorder these days.
She's repeating everything we say,
surprising us with new words almost daily!
Some of the words she uses regularly are
Dada, Mama, all done, baby, Addie, Crista,
stop, bye bye, job (as in good job!), pee pie, no no, night night, & bite.
She's made up sounds for words she can't say yet
 like "muah" for kiss
and "ugh ugh" for paci.
I think she's going to be smart like her sister :-)


Addie loves to play!
She has a few toys she gravitates towards
like her baby stroller walker,
her play table,
the magnets on the fridge,
and anything Crista is playing.
There are times when Addie is too quiet and when I find her she's
either in a corner "reading" her books
or under Crista's bed hiding with big sister. 
Addie also loves our big cabinets,
They're just perfect for climbing in.



Our sweet happy One Year Old!!
We love you so so so so much!!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday beautiful Addie Grace!!!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

YAY feeling better and getting to have official 1 year old pictures. Love the cake smooshed on her little mouth and face. Thats a really cool highchair you have.
Oh please Melinda I"m always looking for advice or help, never offended so please whatever you think, I appreciate it. There's no telling what I did me and my camera sometimes just don't get along. What I found interesting is that all the shade pictures had the blur in them, the 2 sun pictures did not. When I was close the focal point was clear on the person I focused on but was hoping at 5.6 they would ahve all been clear. WhenI had their whole bodies in not a single picture was in focus anywhere for the most part. Who knows maybe I did think I got locked on but then didn't I just can't believe I could have screwed up 50 times when they were holding so perfectly still and smiling so nicely, well all except the baby but he wasn't moving just not smiling. OH well once we get above freezing again I will take it out and see what I can do with a group bigger then my 1.

Kimberly said...

Love, love the one year update! I learned new things about Addie. I had no idea she had a milk allergy. I do too, but it was not diagnosed until I was an adult.(I guess in the 70's they were slow to diagnose milk allergies) My mom said I cried so much as a baby and no one knew why. As a child I never drank milk or ate ice cream because of what it did to my body.
Skim milk is about all I can tolerate on a good day...

Anyway, I love the pictures! Addie is just beautiful! I also love your style of photography and the way you make your pictures tell a story. You are so talented!

Gardenia said...

oh she is a beauty! and look at those darling little legs.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Addie!!!

Hannah said...

I loved the official one year update! She is such a cutie and from the very beginning the Lord had his hand on her. From the surprise pregnancy to the healing before she was even born. She is such a special baby girl...but then again your whole family is special :)

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Addie! I just love your update post and can't believe she is one already. She sounds like an amazing little girl and I just love the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

jenn said...

happy birthday sweet addie grace!

Lilysmom said...

Ahhh glad to see she's feeling better. Your pictures are amazing as always. Happy Birthday again to your beautiful little girl. It is so fun to watch her grow and change.