29 Weeks

How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: + 18 lbs, I lost 4 lbs last week???
Maternity clothes? yes
Stretch marks? Still looking good!
Sleep: In comparison, really great!
Best moment this week: Hearing her heartbeat, again. I never tire of that sound!
Movement: Wow, Sprinkles is an active one!! I just LOVE to feel her kick and stretch. We have fun playing “What’s that body part” and figuring out her position.
Food cravings: Still don’t have any food cravings, BUT…I have been craving football. Florida Gator football to be exact. I just can’t get enough. What’s wrong with me?! I don't even like football that well!
Gender: Girl
Labor signs: Well….last Thursday I woke up and felt really crampy. It lasted all morning until I finally laid down to rest. It subsided for about an hour or so but then started right back. I figured I wasn’t getting enough water (that can cause cramps) so I drank 66 oz thinking that would solve the problem. The cramps continued into the afternoon so I decided to call my Dr. He told me to take 2 ibuprofen to see if that would ease the cramps and if not, call him back. By 9:30 the cramps had come back and my Dr said to go straight to Labor & Delivery. Once there the nurses hooked me up to monitor me (the baby looked “wonderful!”) and found out I was having contractions!! Way too early for that! I got a shot to stop them and was sent home with a prescription of the same medicine in case they started back up (they haven’t, thank you Jesus!!) The Dr said these “cramps” could have lead to real, productive contractions that would put me in labor. So we’re monitoring the situation, but right now all is well with both the baby and me!!
Belly button in or out? Nothing’s changed…still flat.
What I miss: Shaving my legs and putting on my socks and shoes without discomfort.
What I am looking forward to: Hopefully getting the crib put up this week!
Weekly
Milestones: Sprinkles kicked my ribs this week, twice! She didn’t kick hard enough to hurt but it did feel a little strange!









12 comments:
We totally need to get together and we are running out of time! Six weeks!! That is awesome.
I love the shadow picture, very cool!
Glad Sprinkles is staying put :)
Whoa! I'm so glad you were on top of things. So glad the contractions stopped.
I love your updates. Only 6 weeks to go? Unbelievable! :) Go, God!!
Aye1 no contractions yet! glad they sent you home with some meds too, just in case. Everything else sounds wonderful, other then putting together the crib, even though we were wating for Maya i was so excited to put the crib together, it was awful, mabye you still ahve Crista's and dont' have to do the whole assembly again, I thougth maybe they should make teenagers put on together to teach them birth control is good.
Listen to Jake stay away form those yucky germy places and keep you and your girls safe, I'm trying to be normal but its still scary.
You look great, Melinda! Thank goodness your contractions haven't returned... definitely too early for baby Sprinkles. What a strange craving! Football? LOL
what a wonderful feeling of kicking and hearing the heart beat! sorry about those early contractions but sound slike everything is super and under control!!!
Beautiful picture too of course!!!
Nicholas said.. hey what does she have in that big belly? I said what do you think, he said... a baby, and was very excited when I told him a baby girl.
praying for you and sprinkles. love the photos.
Love your updates. The kick in the ribs was always eye opening to me but it was the kick "straight down" that almost did me in... or maybe it was an elbow jab, either way, I had to sit down and have a chat with that baby about not doing that again (and then she did it anyway!).
I just love following your beautiful pregnancy.I just enjoy seeing someone else enjoying the journey as much as I. I cant believe how much alike our pregnancys have been though. I have also started having mild contractions. Not anything consistent and my doctor assures me that my cervix is closed and long which is good. I was cramping also and its so scary because if you had cramps with your period you know that those cramps are not good! You associate them with a period which I hated for a very long 18 cycles. Anywhoo. I passed you up as far as weight now. I am still at 22 pounds but what did you go and lose 4 pounds for?! Thats not fair. Thats cheating :)
What hospital are you going to? We are praying for you. Layla loves checking up on Crista. She misses play group.
Hi, Melinda! I just gave you a blog award. Check out my blog for details. =)
Love the shadow picture!!! How scary about the early contractions!! Praying everything continues to go smooth for you.
Marsha
Post a Comment