27 Weeks

How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +17 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? Still looking good! No stretch marks yet!
Sleep: Not bad, but not great.
Best moment this week: Twice this week Sprinkles has kicked me so hard it hurt! I’m saying that was the best moment because it means she’s getting bigger and stronger!
Movement: Definitely. It’s a little early yet, but I decided to do a fetal kick count. That’s where I see how long it takes to feel the baby kick 10 times. I should be able to feel 10 within an hour. I was taking a break on the couch and started counting and got to 10 pretty quickly! Another sign she’s growing and healthy!
Food cravings: None to speak of.
Gender: Girl
Labor signs: No…but I’ve only got 13 weeks left until my due date!!
Belly button in or out? Holding steady! I started wondering this week…just how much can a belly button stretch??!!
What I miss: Not having to get up every 1 ½ to 2 hours to use the restroom at night! Its hard to get a good night’s sleep!
What I am looking forward to: Entering into my 3rd trimester! Already!!
Weekly Wisdom: No sleep…brain’s mush…no wisdom left!
Milestones: This is my LAST week in my 2nd trimester!
Several of you have asked whether we’ve decided on a name yet. The good news is she won’t be “Sprinkles” forever. The bad news is that we haven’t landed on a name yet. All suggestions will be considered if you have any good ones you'd like to share :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crista told me yesterday,
"I can't wait to meet my new sister!!"
Me either, Crista! Me either!!
we went shopping and I bought a few newborn outfits.
It fits baby up to 8lbs
and they are just the tiniest clothes.
I was showing Jake how little our baby would be
and held up the pants to my belly.
That's when I realized...
just how much more I still have to grow!!









16 comments:
I swear, you really are the cutest pregnant lady I have seen. It totally agrees with you!
We HAVE to get together before Sprinkles makes her big debut!
I think when you see her little face you will just **know** her name :)
you look happy and relaxed and beautiful. the glow is there, girl! I'm thrilled for you and your hub and your family. what joy. looking forward to hearing what people offer as a name. but I won't blame you if you keep it a secret what you decide on. I like the old fashioned names, rather than the newer sounding ones.
Love that little polka dot outfit! Whatever name you choose will be perfect for your perfect little gift from God! I always love Biblical names!
You three are so adorable!! I know my belly button is going to disappear. Right now its just frowning at me!
You look fantastic! Love the itty bitty pants... cute! As for baby names... Natalia or Gabriella. Katarina is good, too. =)
oh honey... and grew you will do! I loved every moment it!! Enjoy it!
I like the name Carter. You look so happy. Layla loves looking at your blog.
I am loving the name Nevaeh.... It's Heaven backwards. I love it and I think no matter what, it'll be special
Cassandra To match with Crista's name.
My name is Melinda, too. I always liked the sound of "Julie Melinda." Here are some other ideas.
You could use a variation of Melinda ... like Melissa, Melanie, Melina, Mia, Lucinda or Lindsey.
Or, you could name the baby after your husband and Crista... something like "Jaclyn Cristine."
Or, a "C" name to go with Crista... Chloe, Chelsea or Cydney.
Or, a name that picks up some of the letters in Brown... Rebecca, Isabel, Gabriella or Rachel.
Or, a name that means "blessing" or "blessed"... Benita or Gwen(yth.)
Or, a name with some other special meanings... Amelia (work of the Lord); Carina (beloved); or Faith.
What is the story behind Crista's name? Good luck with your decision!
Sleep or not you look fabulous! love the kissing of her baby sister, so sweet. I had a whole list of names, I told Joe to choose, Maya was not on my list, he found it in a baby book, he never even thought of it and the mayas living in Guatemala. Almost to 30 weeks!!!! and yea for the third trimester!
What beautiful photos!
How sweet is that!!!! So cute!
Melinda, It was good to talk to you. I miss you alot. I love the belly picture. Too cute. Hope to see you Saturday.
Sissy
You look so super fantastic : ) I LOVE the belly kiss picture. Too sweet for words!
love all the pictures! what a gorgeous family!! and yes the clothes are so teeny tinyy!!!
Post a Comment