Week 19
Exciting News, "Other" News
Wow, what a week this has been!
I hardly know how to put in all into words.
We are thrilled to announce that we are having a
GIRL!
The ultrasound was amazing and I couldn't believe
how much Sprinkles has changed in 12 weeks.
She definitely looks like a baby now.
Everything looked perfect from her heart to her brain
to her tiny little fingers and toes.
Absolute perfection.
It honestly couldn't get any better than that.
But then we have the "other" news.
The news that I spent Sunday night in the hospital
and getting a diagnosis of
placental abruption.
Really really scary.
Basically, I have a tear in the placenta
which causes bleeding.
Nothing can be done to "fix" the problem.
Its a wait and see kind of thing.
One of two things will happen...
I will either heal and continue with a normal pregnancy,
with an increased risk of preterm labor,
or it will tear again and we will loose the baby.
So I am on complete bedrest until further notice.
This certainly is not how I envisioned spending my pregnancy,
but I will gladly do
whatever it takes to ensure our daughter
has the best chance at survival.
Our immediate goal is to make it to 24 weeks, which is viability.
We go back in on August 24 for another ultrasound
to see how the tear is.
Hopefully, we'll hear good news!
Jake has been amazing, adding the role of "mommy"
to his long list of duties.
Crista has been a doll, constantly asking about
Sprinkles and her owie.
God has certainly blessed me with an amazing family!
Please keep us in your prayers.
This whole situation is out of our hands,
there is absolutely nothing we or the doctors can do at this point.
So we give up our desires and place them in God's hands...
I couldn't think of a better place to leave them!
So, in light of the whole bedrest issue, I have no 19 week belly pic to share.
I hope I can make it up to you by sharing this pic instead...

How far along? 19 weeks, 2 days…Day 3 of bedrest
Total weight gain/loss: up 6 lbs, I lost 1 lb last week
Maternity clothes? Absolutely
Stretch marks? Still not yet
Sleep: Not too bad this week. But I’m still getting up at least twice a night to use the restroom.
Best moment this week: Finding out we’re having a girl and seeing the baby on ultrasound! She was very active and we caught her practicing her swallowing. Amazing! She also kept sticking out her tongue. She’s so precious!
Movement: Definitely feeling her more each day. Since being on bedrest, I’ve been able to feel her A LOT!!
Food cravings: Still none
Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL GIRL GIRL GIRL!!!!!
Labor signs: Hopefully not for a LONG time yet.
Belly button in or out? In, but its getting flatter.
What I miss: Today, I miss thinking I was just a normal pregnant woman. Things can change so quickly.
What I am looking forward to: Week 24…viability
Weekly Wisdom: If I’m not going to the bathroom, then stay on the couch! Nothing else matters except keeping our daughter safe.
Milestones: I have officially gotten too big for my pajamas. I now have to use one of Jake’s t-shirts :-)








21 comments:
Im praying for you guys. I hope everything goes well. Layla's mom.
I will be praying praying praying for you and baby.
We have been praying for you...I truly believe it is going to be ok.
If you need ANYTHING I'll come and help...it's not that far :)
God Bless.
Melinda! You are so in our prayers ! We will be praying for healing for you and sweet Sprinkles ( of course the placenta to heal!)
Congratulations on your 2nd sweet little daughter!
What a wonderful family you have beside you!
Will be praying!!!
We are praying for you. Call me if you need anything.
Lifting your precious babe up in prayer!!! Our God is the healer, sustainer, and giver of life and we will trust Him to protect your little girl!
Congratulations on finding out you're having a baby GIRL! Crista must be as ecstatic as you are. :) On your other news, I'm so sorry you have to go through that. My family and I will keep you in our prayers. Hope to hear more good news on your next post. :)
Prayers are going up for you.
Blessings,
Amy
beautiful picture of your daughter. congratulations. Praying for you and baby girl.
And here I thought, she hasn't posted because its not just twins its triplets! congratulations! on your baby girl. I have another good friend trying for their second thru IVF donor eggs, and amazingly it worked but hse also has two problems and is now on bedrest but only at 8 weeks. Its just never easy! What is Crista doing all day? I'm sur eyour husband has to be at work. Sorry you are on bedrest but just laylow and let that little baby girl keep growing.
I just found you from Amy's blog today -- I want you to know that I will be praying for you and your daughter. I know very well the fears that come at a time like this and I am praying that God would comfort you and keep you and your baby safe!
~ Lauren
Oh my! I just got your message on my blog and came over! I will pray for you. My sister was a placenta abruption baby 39 years ago and she is alive and as mean as ever! lol No seriously, she is great! I know that probably doesn't help your "nerves". Having to be on bedrest with all of that "downtime" doesn't make it any easier to distract yourself! God has brought you this far...He will be with you the rest of your journey. My frien is having a baby and she is having a few scary things happen too! Nobody ever talks about it, but almost everyone has some kind of scare. My GYN thought that our baby was gonna be a "waterhead" baby, with no brain. Well, we went to see a specialist, and it was just a mistake on the sono. So, chin up! God can fix it if He wants to! She will be PERFECT!
Also stopped by from Amy's blog. I am praying for you and your little one today.
Oh wow! What a beautiful first picture of HER!!!! Congratulations!! I wil be thinking about you and sending you all kinds of positive energy. It will heal up!!
Congrats! Congrats!
I will be praying you all the way to the finish line!!!
Melinda - sounds REMARKABLY similar to where I was a year ago. I will be praying for healing and rest and also release from any frustration - as I am sure there are lots of
"I wish I could justs". Feel free to email for support - anytime!
ntycast @ comcast dot net
nora
Congrats on a GIRL!!!!! You will be in our prayers and I know it will be tough being on bedrest especially with another little one to take care of! Just take care of yourself and the baby!!
Marsha
Oh, how scary! I hope everything goes well and the baby will be fine. I'm sure everything will be all right. You're in my prayers! Congrats on a girl, that is so exciting!
I love all the Crista pics below! It's been awhile since I've read your blog. Love your photography.
I been following you for awhile xD
just checking up every so often.
Since I been MIA I have missed how much you grown!
I will be praying for you everyday. Praying for your comfort and the baby.
p.s. Crista is getting so big!
Congratulations....another precious little girl! I know ya'll are so excited.
I am sorry to hear about your pregnancy problems and being on complete bedrest. Take care of yourself and "Sprinkles". I will be praying for you and your family!
Love you & Miss you!
Sheila
I'll be praying for you and your baby girl!
Hugs!
Post a Comment