8.17.2009

The Couch Chronicles:
Story Time


Its been a week since I've been on bedrest.
Honestly, its not as bad as I feared.
I get a little bored at times
and I get tired of laying around
but my motivation is my daughter.
Well, BOTH of my daughters!
Crista helps me pass the time pretty well.
We've spent many hours on the couch together.
Her favorite is reading.
My favorite is snuggling.
See, bedrest isn't all bad!








7 comments:

Arena Mom said...

WHAT GREAT SHOTS OF THE TWO OF YOU!!! GLAD YOU ARE PASSING THE TIME AND ARE FEELING OK!

Brooke said...

I am so sorry your pregnancy has hit such a road block. I will of course be praying that you can reach the stage of viability and pass it so your little girl can get in all the growing she needs! I have a friend who had a major abruption at about 30 weeks. She was on bed rest for 6 weeks and delivered a perfectly healthy little gir. I hope you have allot of good books to read and some good movies to watch. You should try learning a new language while you are on the couch. lol. I am sure you are way too distracted for that. I will be praying.

Blessed Single Mom said...

Melinda,
Thank you for the kind comments on my website. I love your site. Crista is so beautiful and I love her tricks in the previous post. You might have a gymnast on your hands. I will be keeping all of you in my prayers.
Julie

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Well I am glad you are surviving being a human incubating couch potatoe. I would thing they would have you come in at least once a week to check and see if the abruption is healing. I just went and visited my friend also on bedrest, trying with her one frozen donor egg embreyo that magically took. I'm glad that Crista is old enough to have some understanding that you have to rest for baby sprinkles, and can help you do things, I love that about this age theya re so willing to help. Keep resting and grow baby grow!

Amy said...

I am so glad that you are making the best of it. Take care of your self and stay strong. You are in our prayers.
Amy

Bryce's momma said...

These are beautiful Melinda! I finally added your new blog! I don't know why I hadn't before. Thanks for the reminder. Keep your spirit up! You r doing great. Keep that beautiful little Christa in mind and things won't be too hard. This is all temporary, thank you Jesus! Pretty soon, you will be holding that little girl and all will be forgotten! Christa is my cousin's name too! Any names yeat for the new baby?

Hannah said...

You guys look so cute all snuggled up on the couch! I love that last picture...way too cute!