8.25.2009

21 Weeks


I think my belly grew while I was on bedrest!
I'm noticing in this picture my shirt is almost too short...
it barely covers my belly .
This is actually a maternity shirt and
I still have 19 more weeks to go-yikes!




How far along? 21 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: up 6 lbs, I haven’t gained ANY weight in the past 2 weeks! How can that be?!
Maternity clothes? Stretchy maternity pants are the best invention ever!
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Not too bad…except for last Saturday night when Sprinkles decided to party ALL NIGHT LONG. She kept waking me up with kicks and rolls every 45 minutes to an hour. Did I mention it went on ALL NIGHT LONG?!
Best moment this week: I have two best moments this week… the first is when I felt a strange feeling in my lower belly. I looked down and saw a small lump protruding. When I touched it I realized it was the baby’s head! It was wild. She’s also shown us her little rump too…several times. She likes to poke it up long enough for Mama and Daddy to notice her and rub her and then she moves on to a different position.
The second best moment was at our ultrasound and Dr’s appointment yesterday. We confirmed Sprinkles is still a girl (yea!). The ultrasound tech also wanted to check the placenta to see how the tear was doing. The tech searched and searched and finally said, “I don’t see a tear anywhere on your placenta!” The Dr checked too and they agreed…I’ve been healed!!! No more bedrest, no more restrictions, no more pre-term labor risk. I’m just a plain ‘ole pregnant lady now! Praise God!!! We were told by the ER doctor and by the OB that checked me out 2 weeks ago that the tear would always be there, it would just hopefully get smaller as the placenta grows. But so many people have been praying for my healing and I KNOW that God touched me and healed the placenta. We’re a witness to a miracle!!
Movement: Sprinkles is SO active now. I feel her all the time! Even the Dr yesterday said she was an active one because she wouldn’t lay still long enough to get a good reading on the Doppler! I’ve also started noticing her wake/sleep patterns.
Food cravings: Not really, but I’d love some Chili…but not just any chili. It has to be Keith’s chili (from our church)! He makes the best chili around!!
Gender: Still a girl!!
Labor signs: No!
Belly button in or out? It’s still in but I’m guessing it’ll be out before it’s all said and done.
What I miss: Corndogs. And bologna sandwiches.
What I am looking forward to: Getting back to a normal schedule and enjoying the rest of the pregnancy!
Weekly Wisdom: When in doubt, PRAY!! God hears and answers prayers!!
Milestones: We’re half-way through the pregnancy already! The baby is about the length of a banana and weighs 15 oz! She’s almost a pound already!!

17 comments:

Just Believing said...

OMg That is the best news ever! ( Being healed that is!) What a wonderful blessing God is so wonderful and what a joy to see baby's little head and booty :) So adorable!!!!

Molly said...

Praising God for His healing hand on you and Sprinkles!! (i smile everytime i read that name haha) :)

Arena Mom said...

Oh my gosh, that is the best news!!!! Congratulations!! Now you can really enjoy your pregnancy stress-free!!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

How awesome!!!! about seeing her and no more bed rest! much more enjoyable to actually move around a bit. congrats!

Anonymous said...

I knew it!! I just knew that God was going to put His healing hand on you and protect you.

I love it!!!

Hannah said...

I am SO excited and happy for you!! I prayed and believed it would happen but still seeing those words....I am just overcome and SO happy!!

Gardenia said...

what awesome news. very happy for you and sprinkles. how sweet she pokes her little rumpy rump out for you!

Lilysmom said...

Oh thank goodness!!!! I am so happy for you. And congradulations on the girl sisters will be so fun!

Cayle said...

AHH! [=
That is the best news ever! I am so glad to hear it.

Bryce's momma said...

YAY! He is more than any need we have! Congrats on your miracle healing! It is so great to see your growing, healthy, baby bump! "Sprinkles" needs a name!

Marsha said...

So glad you got a good report from the dr. Hope you continue to do well!
Marsha

Brooke said...

Praise the Lord!!! I am so happy that your tear healed. That is truly a miracle. I guess it seems fitting since your little girl is a miracle to begin with. I love all the pictures of Crista she seems like such a kind hearted little girl. I hope that now you can enjoy a worry free pregnancy. Now take it easy and get some pounds on you girl!

Bree said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well and off bedrest. You look great and I'm keeping you in our prayers!

Shannon said...

What a beautiful little girl!!! You're baby bump looks cute too!!! Happy to hear you are feeling better and able to get off the couch!!!

Unknown said...

I am sooooo glad to read this great news. God is good! You continue to be in my prayers. I know you are healed but don't overdue....continue to take care of yourself!

Love you & Miss you!
Sheila

IVF Again! said...

I am sooo happy that your placenta has healed and your little one is doing well. I've been thinking of you often because I've been so worried. And just to let you know, you look precious pregnant! I love the bump! I can't wait to have a bump like you one day! Take care. :)

jeck said...

Praise God!!! Now go enjoy this pregnancy to the fullest!!!!