4.20.2009




Week 15-Self Portrait



So truly, this week I’m sure I won’t even be
considered
as a winner in this challenge.
This is not your typical self-portrait.
This isn’t even what
I
had in mind
when taking pictures yesterday.
But here’s the story behind
the picture…
We were all ready for church, in our
Sunday best
with a few minutes to spare (that never happens!)
So, I grab the camera and
Crista is more than willing
to participate!
But she wanted to
steal my thunder
and kept scooting up closer to the camera
to block me out!
Stinker!
I love her look in the photo and my reaction and just
couldn’t resist entering it.
This may not win top honors, but its
A treasure to me!




Please stop by I ♥ Faces to see all the contestants this week!

45 comments:

Keri said...

What a fun picture! Love her little smirk as if she knows exactly what she is doing... stealing momma's thunder! What a great capture!

Tiaras said...

Oh I think you may have a winner here

Annette said...

Oh I like it. It's hard to get a natural reaction and look when you are holding up your camera to your own face, but your expression is perfect (and you are not completely blocked out). Great shot.

Randi said...

Wow! I love, LOVE everything about this photo! So sweet and cute :)

tiff said...

Looks like a winner to me and I love the story behind it!

SKELLER said...

I LOVE this!!! Great expressions for both of you - I couldn't help but smile back at you :-)!!!

Heather said...

I love how it turned out, even if that's not what you planned! Crista looks adorable, with her face kind of squished. And the angle is too cool! Great shot!!!

Michelle Johnson said...

This is such a cute shot! I love the look on her face! It sounds like something my girls would do too!

Shae said...

this is great!!!

Anissa said...

Too Cute!

Brokenheels said...

Awww both of you look so happy and the baby look so animated! :D

Carebear said...

Oh, I disagree. I think you have every chance of being considered for top ten. This is ADORABLE. I love it! Great self-portrait.

Upstatemomof3 said...

Oh that is absolutely adorable!!! I love it. I think it is awesome!

MrsW said...

It's brilliant! It's fun - it's natural - just how long are your arms?? :)

Caroline said...

That's brilliant - and really funny :D

Terri said...

I love it!!! Great shot!

Becca said...

are you kidding? i would totally pick this as a top 10 -- it's SO cute! :-) what a great shot!

Julie Rivera Photography said...

Oh, such fun! This is your daughter being herself and you lovingly embracing it for what it is. A precious moment, indeed!

Christal said...

I love it! What a memory! You look natural, and she looks adorable! Great picture!

Melinda said...

Oh my word - how perfect is this photo?! I love how you kept here sharp and you in the ackground. Your expressions made me laugh. : )

Amanda said...

i love it!

Leslie said...

OHHH SHe is toooooo funny!!!! GREAT pic..YOU WIN in my book!

hugs,leslie

OctoberRain said...

how cute! Love her expression :)

Leah and Maya said...

YOu nuts I absolutely love it!!!! I know just my opinion, but I think its fantastic, the look on her faces is just great! I haven't even look at the website yet to see what the theme was this week, eeeekkk.

Herb of Grace said...

You should totally win, the picture captures the story perfectly!

Jessica D. said...

I love it!!

Natalie said...

This picture is perfect. A definate winner in my eyes! What a great momment to catch on camera! I LOVE it!

Jessi said...

I love this picture! It is a perfect illustration of motherhood. Our beautiful children out front and us in the background enjoying every minute!

Shelly said...

Look at her face! what a cutie! Great Picture!

Life with Kaishon said...

This totally and completely made me smile : ). She is a doll!

Robyn said...

What a cute pic!!

Billykidd said...

oooo! fantastic shot. another one of my favorites so far. Such great color and clarity and i LOVE the expression on your daughters face. even if it's not what you had in mind, it turned out great!
~Becca

Blessedw5mom said...

Love your smile!! Great job!!

Hana said...

I think its great! SO cute!

Hannah said...

Love it! You are going to win with this one!! I love her expression and how happy you look too!

We are out of town but I wanted to drop by and check for a new post!!

Lara said...

What a great photo! The expression on your daughter's face is absolutely priceless. I love the vibrant colors and the nice composition...beautiful!

ellie said...

Great photo and cute story :) I noticed your daughters birthday is exactly 2 weeks after my little girl (adopted from China!) don't you LOVE this age??!!

Kathy said...

what? Not a winner? I think it could be! It's great!!!

*Just Jen* said...

I love her expression!

Pineapple Princess said...

You win in my book, too!
It's perfect!

Holly Bear said...

I love this!

Boybarian Dad said...

thats a sweet pic.

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

I love this - it perfectly captures the moment!

the monkey's mama said...

This is such an awesome photo! I love the perspective and the look on her face is precious!

momof3darlings said...

This is the EPITOMY of motherhood! LOL PRICELESS photo! I think it's definitely award winning for SURE!