4.06.2009




Week 13-My Friend & I

Cousins make the best friends!
These two have so much fun when they get together,
So many smiles and giggles.
Crista and Chaney couldn’t look
Any more different
But it’s their hearts that are exactly the same.
Pure sweetness.


I’m really wanting to grow my photography skills
so this week
I’m asking for constructive feedback.

Anything you got…I’m a willing learner!!

Be sure to go over to I ♥ Faces to see some incredible photos!

26 comments:

TeaAndBrie said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment!!

I love your shot, it is SO sweet. The only suggestion I have (and really... I had to really "search" for a suggestion as I love the photo) is to either raise or lower the horizon line/their faces so that it isn't in the middle of the shot - the rule of thirds and all that. But, even still... with their heads their I think it adds a lot of symmetry to the shot.

Lisa said...

That's so cute! I love the expressions on their faces and the way they are looking at each other.

Catherine said...

I love this! Their faces are priceless. The only feedback I might suggest is to put them under the shade of a tree if you are able to. The sunlight just has such harsh shadows. But the shot is great!

likemorningsun said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! :) I love love love this picture! The colors are really bright and cool. And they are super cute!

aamayna said...

I always love all of your pictures, but I am not very good at snapping great shots! Looks just beautiful to me!!!

Shae said...

nice composition. In a sunny situation like this, I would say make sure you are on the lowest ISO, fastest shutter speed and smallest aperture. I love to shoot on overcast days so I don't get blowouts from the sun.

Julie Rivera Photography said...

A perfect moment, taken from the perfect angle, right at their level. I think you might have raised the brightness or curves too much, as it blew out the skin on your daughter and makes the details in her face hard to see. You can use shade if it is around, or you can lasso the bright side of Crista's face and bring the curves down some. Still, a very sweet picture of cousins together!

Billykidd said...

I think this is a great picture taken on a bright sunny day... and that's hard to do. I love that you took the pic down at their level and I actually like the blown out look a little. Shadows are part of a sunny day and I don't necessarily hate them, if they're not too dark and I don't feel like yours are. I do agree that you could have raised or lowered their faces a little, but really... it's a great shot!
~Becca

Tiaras said...

love those laughing faces

Leah and Maya said...

I loe the picture, and you have been to my blog so you know tha ti am learning too, I actually love the way the sun is on there faces so its really just what you like everyone likes a little something different, Fabulous picture! Maya's favorite friends are her cousins too, the are great big toe headed boy's you know how opposites attract, I don't have permission to put their pics on my blog so no entry for me this week.

Brooke said...

I think this is a great capture of two true friends! I love how you asked for constructive feedback, and I think I'm going to ask the same next week :)

Gabensysmom said...

What an adorable entry! YOu have wonderful photos!!! Great clarity :)

Bryce's momma said...

Beautiful! Thanks for your comments on mine! I can't imagine your photography being any better.

Hannah said...

Love it!! It is just perfect!

DawnS said...

I wish I could give you constructive feedback, but your photo looks awesome to me. I love that angle and their expression. You really have great photos on your blog and I just saw the pouting one from last week - how adorable!

Rachel said...

Oh man... talk about timing! You captured those expressions perfectly!
I'm a beginning photographer, so I'm learning from advice. You've got a knack for catching those special moments!

mamamoosetakespictures said...

I too love this shot, so full of laughter. I agree with the other commenters, the only thing I'd change would be to bring out your daughter's face more!

EL at Through My Own Lens said...

This is a great shot and I'm really finding it hard to come up with any suggestions! I love the natural light, the pop of color, the detail in the grass and hair, the focus! I'm SO NOT a professional, so I'm sure others will be much more helpful, but there was maybe a little too much shadow on your daughter's face, but I can't really tell. Really, this is a great photo!!! I'm trying to be a better photographer too, so I'll be back to check out everyone's comments! And, I think I'll steal your idea and ask for constructive critism next week too! Especially with the amateur category!!!

Erin said...

That is such a sweet picture! too cute!

Jen said...

Thanks for the photo comment, your shot is super cute as well. =)

Marla said...

Very cute, their expressions are adorable! Thanks for the comment on my blog, and great idea asking for feedback, I should do that, too. I've enjoyed reading the suggestions.

Happy Tuesday!

cheepette8 said...

That is a great shot. I love it. Sweet faces.

The Mazza Munchkins said...

I love that even though these girls have different hair color, eye color, and skin color. They have the same smile.

Great picture!

Miti said...

So Sweet! I love how you described their bond. Thanks for visiting me. Come back to see me.

Amy in Arizona said...

Great picture! Cousins really are the best!! I was reading over your blog. Your Crista is so cute!!

Stout kids said...

Great Photo Melinda! It is great seeing a familiar face on here. Crista is getting so big. Good Luck to you also! God Bless!