"How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of the messenger
who brings good news..."
Isaiah 52:7
There is such truth to that verse!!
We have been fortunate enough
to be on the receiving end of
that "good news" on so many occasions recently.
Those feet are not on the mountains,
they're actually in West Virginia!!
Since the beginning of this school year
Crista and Addie Grace have been
sharing their lives
with a couple of pen pals.
We've had the most fun giving and receiving
these little bits of "good news"
with our
new friends
Kensley and Nolan!
We have been blown away by the
thoughtfulness that goes into each
special package
that comes in the mail!
The girls squeal when they see
those pieces of mail
JUST FOR THEM!
Crista has grown in her writing
since the beginning of the school year,
mainly because of her desire to
write Kensley!
I have caught her so many times,
quietly in her room,
writing her sweet pen pal
a letter,
without being asked to do so.
She truly loves Kensley
and talks about her like she's
known her for years!
Here's just a piece of a letter Crista
wrote to Kensley.
I thought it was precious!
Two weeks ago we received yet another
package from Kensley & Nolan.
But inside this package was
ANOTHER package
ANOTHER package
that wasn't to be opened until
Thanksgiving!
I made sure to put them in a place
where the girls saw them every.single.day...
just to torcher them!
Crista was literally counting down the days until they
could {finally} open their surprises.
New, absolutely adorable, necklaces & bracelets!!
They wasted NO time getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner
so they could show off their new accessories!
I LOVE that my girls have
made such great friends
with Kensley & Nolan.
What a rare blessing to form a bond with someone
you have never even met!
I'm grateful for the opportunity my children have to
think of others,
to send little blessings to them
through words and small gifts.
But, its funny how,
when you try to be a blessing to someone,
that blessing seems to return to you
tenfold!
And I can testify to that!
Through the children's friendship,
I have also gained a true and amazing friend in their Mama,
She has no idea the amount of respect I have for her
or how much her friendship has meant to me.
I feel I have gained a soul sister,
a true heart sister!
And I am so very grateful for this unexpected gift in my life!
Just today I received this in the mail.
And I couldn't be more excited to start this devotional
with her tomorrow!
I think God has something mighty
in store for our two families :-)
And today, I'm so thankful for their beautiful feet
and the "good news" they share with us!!


















2 comments:
You have no idea how much I love this! What a great memory for the kids and new awesome friends too!
How fun! I remember having penpals in elementary school. Annabelle & I may be on the hunt for us one too :) I still love getting snail mail
Post a Comment