When we lived in Indiana,
we had our fair share of
snow days.
I always enjoyed snow days
because it forced us to slow down
and enjoy the time we had together.
We had a tradition that we
always
looked forward to when it snowed.
We would gather fresh snow
and make
real "snow" cones.
We would also pop popcorn
and have us a special little snack.
Down in Georgia,
we don't have snow days.
Ever.
But since it seems that half the nation
got some pretty great snow today
and because our own weather was
cold, windy & overcast,
and because I was
{dare I admit it?}
a little bit jealous
of all the snow elsewhere,
and because I was
{dare I admit it?}
a little bit jealous
of all the snow elsewhere,
we decided to have a self-proclaimed
SNOW DAY
today :-)
We did have to substitute
Shirley Temples
for
snow cones.
But the girls didn't seem to mind
one bit.
We popped popcorn
and things got just a little silly!
And then it was time to play in the snow!
I found a recipe to make snow
so we gave it a try.
We gathered our materials,
and started mixing.
Addie Grace has selective texture issues.
And smell issues,
but that's a whole other post!
And we had snow!!
It had the texture of wet snow
and was even cold to the touch.
SNOW BALL!!!
The girls played for a good 45 minutes or so.
When they started loosing interest,
I decided to make it into a science experiment.
I gave Addie Grace a syringe of vinegar
and asked the girls what would happen
when the two interacted.
Crista thought it would explode
and was a little hesitant,
until she realized it just bubbled up a bit.
and asked the girls what would happen
when the two interacted.
Crista thought it would explode
and was a little hesitant,
until she realized it just bubbled up a bit.
So we added more vinegar...
and some food coloring too,
and made a volcano.
The girls LOVED that!
We had a wonderful Snow Day
down here in Georgia!
Even if it wasn't the "real" thing,
we made some pretty great memories :-)
CRISTA CAM:
{Crista took these pics from today!}

























3 comments:
How fun! We ate snow cones for you today :) Crista is getting VERY good with your camera!
That looks like a great "snow" day to me :)
very cool. We have had the real thing and more is coming. Love the volcano! we have had a few science experiments that have went crazy, but then again Maya think they should always explode
Post a Comment