11.03.2013

Lately

So here's what's been going down this fall
in the Brown household...
lots of dirty feet and faces.
Lots of outside play.


 
 
We're plugging away with our homeschooling
and loving it!
On this particular day
it was PJ day.
They LOVE having PJ day and staying in their
pajamas until their schoolwork is completed.


 
 
In our Bible Study time,
we're using this Bible to read through it in a year.
I read the passage for the day and
Crista writes a paragraph summarizing the reading
and then illustrates it.
Addie draws what she remembers from the story.
This is an excellent Bible for the girls
and we love our Bible Time each day!

 
CC is going better than I anticipated.
We look forward to Thursdays each week
and both the girls and I have
made some pretty great friends
already.
 
These pictures are from their Science experiment.
We were discussing the Solar Magnetic Field.


 
 
There is one thing my girls look forward to
all year.
The county fair!
Fall is synonymous with Fair
around here.
The girls start talking about which rides they'll do this year
once they see the first Fair billboard go up.
This year the girls got to invite friends to join them.
Greatest idea ever :-)
Everyone had someone to ride each ride with
(other than Mama!)

Here are the girls:
Crista, Maddie, Addie Grace & Annabelle
 
 
The Bigs couldn't wait to hit the swings.
 
But unfortunately, the Littles were just shy of making it on them
this year.
Both girls cried and cried,
they were heartbroken.
Next year baby girl, next year!
 
 But there were plenty of rides
they could ride on.
So they dried their tears and
had a ball on more
age-appropriate rides!


 
That's the Bigs' feet way up there.
I would hold my breath each time they went up
until I saw them come back around again.
I was so glad when that ride was over.
They're just too young to ride such a big ride!!
 
 
The Ferris wheel.
The girls loved it.
Its not my favorite ride.
But I did it for them,
and screamed each and every time
it went up to the top and
 back down again.
 I am so not a thrill seeker!
 
 
Halloween fell on one of our CC days
so we had a PJ day & crazy hair day.
The girls thought it was awesome
and loved the change up from the norm.

 
This six weeks we're learning
the tin whistle during class time.

 
 
Halloween Night.
We don't really celebrate Halloween
and we don't trick-or-treat.
But we DO trunk-or-treat
at our church!
Each year we've been here we've seen the numbers
increase by 100
and this year we had multiple families from the community
come to church today
after participating in our trunk-or-treat.
And that's what its all about!!
 
Crista decided she wanted to dress up like a Mama
and Addie Grace was Shirley Temple.
Pretty cute kids,
if I do say so myself!
 
 
Addie Grace and her BFF, Annabelle.
They are two peas in a pod.
I hope they'll always be BFF'S!!
 
 
And this little cutie won 1st place for her costume.
And just for the record,
that is really her hair. 
No wig.
Remember the previous pics from crazy hair day at CC?
She wore those sponge rollers for almost 24 hours
to get these curls!
And see that dress & pinafore? 
That was mine when I was her age,
my grandma made it!

 
So, that's what we've been up to lately!
We also snuck in a trip up to Indiana
which I'll blog on soon!


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awesome...and what an amazing Shirley T! Both of your girls are just adorable, but you already know that:)

Tiffany

Sarah said...

You make me want to home school so badly!! Sophie would absolutely thrive!!!

Love their costumes... especially little Shirley! Love her curls!!

Hannah said...

Addie Grace makes the best Shirley T ever! That is just too much :)

Love all the pictures and I'm so glad I got to squeeze you when you were home :)

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I know it's mean but I laughed and laughed at Addie being mad and heartbroken over not being tall enough, poor girl, life is just not fair.
I LOVE the Shirley Temple/Addie, she is perfect! that's so cool that was your dress!
Very cool science experiments!
Oh and ditto on the Ferris Wheel, you would hear me yelling "don't rock it, don't rock it" I do not like it one bit but I also did it for Maya when she was 2 and my nephew who was 3, they loved it, not me, I had the death grip on each of their arms.