11.06.2013

Indiana

 
 In October we took a much needed
vacation up North.
Back home to Indiana.
And from the time we got there until the time we left,
we were BUSY!

The main reason we were able to take the trip
was because I had a wedding to photograph
near where we used to live.
I had a great day,
seeing so many close friends there.
And it was especially exciting because I got to
photograph the wedding with Hannah!
I had been missing my friend and it was so
great having a whole day together...
even if we were working :-)



 
Crista and Addie Grace hit the ground running
and made up for lost time with family
and close-in-age cousins.
 
 
We enjoyed a fun evening over at
Aunt Pat and Aunt Gail's.
A good bonfire, hotdogs and a very chilly hayride
was the perfect way to kick off our visit!

 
One thing I love about Jake's family
is how everything is centered around Christ...
and music.
Its not uncommon to see this sight at family get-togethers.
Singing our blessing!

 
We spent as much time as possible
with my nieces and nephews.
Crista and Addie Grace always look forward to seeing
their cousins!
 
Rigley,
just turned 2.

 
 Chaney,
7 years old...six weeks older than Crista.
 Tucker,
5 years old.
 

Paislee,
3 years old...8 days older than Addie Grace.

 
We decided to enjoy the perfect fall weather
and headed to the park with the family
for playtime and a picnic.

 
 
While we were at the park,
Addie had to use the restroom,
again.
So on the way back we had a
micro-mini photo shoot.
In hindsight I wish I would've made
Crista take a few shots as well.
The park was beautiful!!


 
This is 100% Addie.

 

 
Loving on Mamaw!



 
I had to take advantage of having
everyone together
and get a quick picture
or two!






 
 Our last adventure was at the Orchard.
When we lived in Indiana
this was a yearly trip for us.
We love going to the orchard,
picking apples
and making yummy treats.
Sadly, the nearest orchard to us in Georgia is
about 6 hours away.


 
The Orchard had a great play area for the kids.
They enjoyed their time playing just as much
(if not more)
than their time picking apples.


 
I have no comment.
She's just Addie Grace :-)






 
We did finally get the kids away from the play area
and into the orchard.
And we got some pretty great apples
and once we were home,
made some delicious applesauce and apple butter!


 
The trip up North was a fantastic one.
Just what we needed.
It was a very full week
and we were all exhausted by the end of it.
But I wouldn't trade those memories for all the sleep in the world!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I am so glad I got to squeeze you again! I still need to mail out your images...I'm such a slacker. I'll do that this week :)

I still think Indiana looks good on you guys...

I can't wait till next time!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Looks really fun, but really really busy!!!!

Sarah said...

What???!!! Close to me and I didn't know! Next time, we have to meet up finally!! Looks like a fun time!!!