Putting up the tree this year was fun!!
Having lots of hands proved to be of little help though :-)
Crista took her job as decorator seriously.
Pretty sure all 326 ornament she put on the tree
landed within a 12 inch radius.
{I secretly re-arranged the ornaments when she went to bed. Shhhh!}
Pretty sure all 326 ornament she put on the tree
landed within a 12 inch radius.
{I secretly re-arranged the ornaments when she went to bed. Shhhh!}
Addie took her job seriously as well.
She made sure each of the candy canes got thoroughly munched on.
We have a tradition that we started with Crista that we've enjoyed each year.
On the night we put up our tree the girls receive their first Christmas gifts.
Its always the same thing,
a new pair of Christmas jammies and
a new ornament.
I have lots of fun trying to find an ornament that represents them in the past year.
Our purpose of this is simple.
Once they're grown,
the girls get to take all of their ornaments from each year
to hang on their own tree.
Addie's not too sure about the whole present thing.
Addie's not too sure about the whole present thing.
I have a feeling by the end of the month
she'll know EXACTLY what to do!
Crista on the other hand needed no help!
Addie's first ornament.
And Crista's new pride and joy.
She has come to LOVE little kitties this year.
She's asking Santa for one.
We'll see what happens.
Like every other year,
Crista can't wait to get into her new jammies.
Its not even dark yet!
The girls in their new Christmas jammies.
This year was a little different than all the others.
This year Da and Grandma were able to
walk across the street
and join us!
Yea!
We all enjoyed watching the little ones open their first Christmas gifts!
Did I mention Crista loved her new ornament?!?!
The finished tree...
and fireplace.
This year is so very different than last Christmas.
This year we were blessed with TWO precious girls to celebrate with.
It was almost exactly a year ago that I looked like I swallowed a basketball and
was writing this blog post about being 9 months pregnant.
What a huge difference a year can make :-)
As much as I enjoyed carrying Addie Grace in my belly,
I would much rather have her in my arms any day!
Merry Mas!!!
{Its just not the same without Christ}























10 comments:
what a diffference a year makes! I love the photo with "Dad" and your two babies. and the sisters are beautiful! love your tree, and the present on the wall! you're right, it's not the same without Christ!!
Thats a fun tradition! of course we have always put up our tree Thanksgiving weekend, but not anymore, it just gets too dry with how hot our house is. So this weekend we will do it. We did put up some decorations and our two small fake tree's. I see Crista does love her ornament. Maya is also a kitty lover, to bad hers choose to be naughty too many times and isn't allowed inside, EVER.
I can't believe that was a year ago. I still think you were the cutest pregnant lady ever :)
We do a ornament each year and Christmas pj's too but I let the kids pick out their ornament. This year Sophia picked out a huge (HUGE) green ring. It is so tacky...but she loved it :)
Merry Christmas :)
We do Christmas jams too! We do them the night of Thanksgiving - since I am a bit unpredictable as to when the tree goes up.
My goodness - what a difference a year makes! How do you feel about the kitty??? :)
Your girls are adorable, as always. Our tree is a bit heavy in one spot with ornaments too because Ben did it and I didn't have the heart to rearrange them later. (Plus the boy has a photographic memory and would realize I did it!)
It's amazing that Addie is almost a year old already. Can't believe it!
What a fun tradition. I also love Christa's ornament. And they are adorable in christmas jammies! What a difference a year makes for sure!!
Great post. You did look like you swallowed a basketball. All belly! I love the pic of Addie with her present. The jammies you picked out for them are adorable!!
I love the picture of Crista and Addie sitting on the fireplace ledge. Crista is so sweet the way she is holding Addie's hand. Addie looks adorable in her sleep cap.
Sweet photos of the girls! We too give a new ornament to my FIVE children each year so you can imagine how full my tree it!!
I had to laugh at Crista's decorating within a 12" radius...many a Christmas I needed to "re-decorate" once the kids went to bed!!
what a great post! i love traditions...and with all this being a first for finley, i am starting some new ones too! i also have alsways done the ornament for me and matt, now finley gets one too! and she will be getting pjs on christmas eve as a new tradition. oh, i love the "flash back" pic of you last year!
Post a Comment