12.07.2009

36 Weeks




How far along? 36 weeks…I am officially 9 months pregnant! NEVER thought I’d be able to say that!
Total weight gain/loss: +33 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight. And I have to say here that I am the same weight Jake was when we got married! He thought that was funny. Me? Not so much!
Maternity clothes? Starting to really outgrown my tops. I’ve caught my belly hanging out on more than one occasion!
Stretch marks? Still in the clear!
Sleep: Some nights are great, others are rough. I’m definitely more uncomfortable and the reflux is really kicking in at night now.
Best moment this week: Hearing the Dr say my daughter is “perfect”. I already knew it but its nice for others to recognize it too! :-)
Movement: She has the hiccups as I’m typing this! She’s an active one and started kicking my lungs last weekend. I can honestly say it DID NOT feel good!!
I've also noticed recently Sprinkle's sensitivity to temperature. If I'm in the shower, I can feel her moving away from the water, towards my back. After I'm done she likes to come closer to by belly. Same thing happens when I go outside. Its been in the 30's here and my coat doesn't exactly fit so my belly is always out. Sprinkles snuggles deep in my belly, again towards my back, trying to stay warm. Its the neatest thing really! Just another reminder there is a real living being in there!
Food cravings: Nope
Gender: Girl
Labor signs: I got checked for progress yesterday at my Dr’s appt.. I haven’t dilated yet but the baby’s head is down and in a good position!
Belly button in or out? Still the same…flat.
What I miss: Being able to get up off the floor without looking ridiculous! Its really not that easy!
What I am looking forward to: Holding our daughter! Only 4 more weeks!
Weekly Wisdom: Waking up every 2 hours to use the restroom is nature’s way of preparing you for your baby’s arrival and schedule. I’m starting to wonder if I’ll ever get a full night’s sleep again!
Milestones:
-I had my first cervical check this week. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I anticipated.
-I packed my bags for the hospital. Crista’s bag is packed as well for her stay at Mamaw & Papaw’s.
-We’ve picked out a name!! Well, we’re about 99% sure. But you’ll have to wait to hear it :-)

17 comments:

Amy said...

I can't wait to hear the name! This is so exciting.
Blessings,
Amy

Anonymous said...

You're looking great...looks like you have a basketball in there! The big day will be here before you know it. Enjoy these last few weeks of your pregnancy!

Just Believing said...

Awww you look beautiful your beautiful little belly popped out! YOu are seriously the most gorgeous glowing pregnant woman ever!

Can't wait to hear the name for Sprinkles and its always wonderful to hear how perfect our children are :)

Gardenia said...

beautiful. such anticipation! you've got us all in suspense waiting to hear that name and see that beautiful little angel face when she arrives.

Hannah said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I can't believe how much sprinkles has grown since I saw you...that belly is PERFECT!!

There is NO way you have gained 30 pounds...just no way. You are so slim and I think I am holding more water than you are at this very moment :)

So Excited!!

Lund7 said...

You look amazing as you have all the way through your pregnancy! You are so close now!!! This baby could be a Christmas baby!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

wow how amazing, 9 months!!!! you know typically the first one is early, or thats what they say so maybe before the first of the year, you know a special treat to you guys youcould write her off on taxes this year! ha ha.

Brooke said...

You look so wonderful! Your belly is so perfectly round. So funny story. I had a dream last night that I came to help you before Sprinkles was born (allot of help another 36 week pregnant women would be!) but in the dream your family was not happy that I was there to help and nobody would let me do anything so I ended up leaving so sad. Weird I know! You know your pregnant when you are dreaming about blog friends and their pregnancys! lol Any day now we could have our little ones! Yeahhhhhh!!!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

You look amazing..ALLLLLLLLL belly!

I cant wait to hear Sprinkles name!

Anita said...

You are so cute. I know that you are tried but I must say that you great for only 4 weeks to go. I have been thinking of you a lot and Clara talks about Crista all the time. We miss you and hope things are going good.

Sissy

Aileen said...

Your baby is now officially older than Ben was when he made his appearance in the world! Congrats on making it so far that you'll have a full term baby!! Can't wait to hear the name! You look beautiful. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Marsha said...

Isn't this the most exciting time of the Pregnancy!!!!! I have been nesting this week, I have reorganized every closet in the house!!! So glad we got to go through this experince together. I know we have never met, but feel that you are a friend!! Pray things continue to go well for you on the final count down now!
Marsha

Shannon said...

t seems we have something in common…one Guatemalan princess and then a HUGE surprise! I found your blog through another adoption blog. We brought our daughter home in February 2008 and welcomed her baby brother into the family in March of 2009. I know everybody says they know someone who got a pregnant after adopting, but it is actually very rare. We are thankful for both our little miracles. I still can’t believe it, and our baby boy is now 8 months old. I am so blessed to be a mommy through adoption and then to get to be pregnant was just another dream come true. Anyway, congratulations on your upcoming baby girl. Hope you have a wonderful last few weeks as a family of three.

Unknown said...

You look great!!!

I can't wait to hear the name and see pics of baby Sprinkles.

Lilysmom said...

Oh I am so anticipating your sweet babies arrival and getting to know her name. Oh yeah and seeing her and Krista together. So very sweet!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect belly!!! I cant wait to hear the name you picked out!

Steph said...

How wonderful!!! You look so adorable!!