A few weeks before Christmas at the cozy Brown abode,
Crista was gearing up and in the Christmas mode.
So we set off doing what we do every year
Hoping to complete it all, for Sprinkle’s time is near.
We measured and we sifted and we stirred and we cracked
Until it was agreed that nothing it lacked.
Shiny cookie cutters and chubby little fingers
The smell of gingerbread from the kitchen lingers.

A jolly little helper who is just quite the sight
Kept exclaiming, “I didn’t taste it! Honest! Not even a little bite!”

We continued on in our quest, decorating the tree
Such a big help from a girl who’s only three!

Then it was time for her first gifts of the season
It’s a new ornament, and for this there is a reason.
Every year Daddy and Mama choose a very special one
That represents Crista’s year now that it is done.
Crista has become quite the goodie maker
And ended up becoming a “Blue Ribbon Baker!”

Crista’s second gift came wrapped up nice and pretty
It was her new Christmas pajamas sporting kitty after kitty!

Our girl couldn’t wait…off came the socks
And on came the jammies…but it was only 4 o’clock!


A very special tradition we do every year
It happens that night and Crista gives a cheer!
Pillows, blankets, and sleeping bags too
We fall asleep by the tree, hoping the winks aren’t too few.

The Brown’s hope your holidays are merry and bright
But all that’s left to say is Merry Christmas and Good night!
To see more holiday traditions, go to Hannah's blog!








16 comments:
that's an absolutely adorable post. love love the poem and the pictures. one one of crista showing off her new ornament, the one of her in the chair with her jammies, or of her with the dusty flour on her face with the santa hat, and the one of her a sleep -- oh I couldn't choose the best. they all caopture such great expressions. and a unique tradition you all have of sleeping by the tree on the first nite.
What a great poem! I loved reading it! Too bad I'm not that creative!
Does she open a preseent every night until Christmas? That's a great tradition! :)
So cute! What a sweet little family you have and its only going to grow!! Yeah!
Melinda ~
I had planned on coming back to your blog after I finished dinner, and I realized I never left a comment! ;)
Your post is so cute! How creative are you?!?! I love your poem and all the pictures on your blog!
Looks like your due date is drawing near ~ How exciting!!!
I LOVE this post!!! Love, love, love it!! So creative and the pictures are amazing! I also love your tradition of sleeping in front of the tree! How great is that?!?!
What a cute post. I love it. I love getting my girls new PJs. Merry Christmas and God Bless you and your family. She is adorable!!!
That has got to be the cutest poem and post I have ever read!!! You are soooooo creative! And the pictures are awesome! LOVE this!
Love your poem!!!!!!
Great tradition with the cookies, ornaments and pj's!!!!
She looked sooo adorable with her pj's and santa hat sittin in the chair!!!!
what a beautiful post :) I love the christmas poem!!
I will steal your christmas PJ tradition, I just love it to much!
HOly Moley aren't you the creative one. Best Christmas post!!!!
we did cookies yesterday too and now need to go and give them out today. I really love the post as did everyone.
That is the best post ever! I was smiling the whole time I read it!
Love her cute little Jammies...Sophia LOVES jammies!!
That picture of her little hands cutting out the cookies. Oh. My. Goodness. That is such an awesome picture!
such a cute post! you're a talented rhymer!
Just the cutest post ever!!!! I always love reading your post and of course looking at your great pictures. We are on the final countdown now - pray we both continue to do well!!
Marsha
What a wonderful post! Crista is beautiful, as always, and it looks like you were having soooo much fun! We do Christmas pjs too, but we get them on Christmas Eve and then stay in them all day on Christmas:-)
What a clever poem. I love the traditions you have created for your family. And what's more, Crista seems to love them, too.
I'm so excited for you to be in the final stretch. Still hoping for "Melinda" as a middle name. Did you ever post about how you picked the name "Crista Elise?"
I love your tradition.
Can't wait to see pictures of Sprinkles and pictures of a "white Christmas"!!! I love see pics of snow...it's sooo pretty!!!!
Post a Comment