12.30.2009

Addie's First Week

Our first week as a
family of 4
couldn't have been better!
Our little Addie has been a wonderful baby...
after getting her days and nights straightened out and
after getting some nursing issues resolved.
She truly is an angel
and we're all smitten with her!


Here's our week in review...
Crista met her baby sister for the first time.
She was over the moon happy to finally hold her "Sprinkles".
Now if only she could remember her real name!!


Our first morning together.
Crista couldn't wait to hold Addie.


The grandparents got to meet Addie.
They all agree..
she's a keeper :-)
(Da, she's still waiting for you!!)







Addie had her first Dr's appointment.
She's doing very well and the Dr said she's perfect!
She's still just a peanut weighing in at
5lbs 12 oz.
Daddy got to comfort his littlest daughter
when it was all over.
Just for some perspective...
this is my hand next to Addie.
She is so tiny!!

And we all just got to love on Addie,
welcoming her into our little family.
If you look close in the next picture
you'll see Addie's little dimple.
Melts. My. Heart.








And what a difference one week makes!



1 week post-partum.
And for the first time in 7 months,
I'm NOT wearing maternity pants
thank you very much!!
But I am proudly wearing the dark circles
under my eyes
that comes from having a newborn.
And I don't mind it at all!!




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off that is one of the most prettiest babies I've ever seen! Absolutely beautiful!!!! LOVE the dimple!

And that last picture is so sweet with Crista and Addie together!

Lastly...you look fabulous!!!

vaneblu said...

I am so happy to see your newest blessing :) She is precious and I can see you 3 are in love!!
Happy New Year!

Hannah said...

This post gives me goosebumps! I remember when you first ran into some problems and we prayed and prayed. I am SO thankful to the Lord for the gifts he has given you.

I gotta say the pictures of Crista and her sprinkles are amazing! Love it :)

Just Believing said...

I've been thinking of you and your family but knew you were probably pretty busy :)

You look wonderful and Crista looks so happy and proud of Sprinkles :)

Unknown said...

Addie is so precious. I am just sitting here with chill bumps and tears in my eyes. You have no idea how much I would LOVE to hop on a plane and come hold her. I am so glad all is going well. Crista is so precious with her.

Tell Grandma Alice to bottle up some kisses and bring them to me when she comes home.

I am so happy for you and your precious family! I love you!

Amy said...

She is beautiful. I am so happy all are doing well. What a perfect miracle.
Blessings,
Amy

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

what wonderful pictures to see of everyone getting to finally love on Sprinkles AKA Addie. So excited for all of you!

IVF Again! said...

Congrats your new litte bundle of joy! This post is priceless! It bought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you! :)

IVF Again! said...

Oh, and she is a BEAUTIFUL baby. :) :) :)

Lindy said...

I love the pictures of Christa holding baby Addie. She looks like she's on cloud nine. What a devoted and loving sister she will be.

And Addie is a beautiful newborn baby... a dream come true for your family.

Pineapple Princess said...

She is such a gorgeous baby! What a precious, tiny peanut! It's so cute to see how much Christa loves her baby sisiter.
You look great!
Happy New Year!! :)

nora said...

What a perfect family you have! Crista does look like she's over the moon for her little sister and my guess is that Addie will be dishing that sentiment right out pretty shortly!

You look amazing! When the adrenaline wears off, do take care of yourself! Its a lot! Thinking about you guys lots!

Aileen said...

Addie is adorable, and I LOVE the pictures of her and Crista together. They look like fast friends already.