12.24.2009

The Best Christmas Gift!!

Addie Grace Brown

Born December 23, 2009 at 5:13pm

6lbs 4 oz 19 3/4 inches long











I can't believe Addie is here!!
She is just perfect...dainty and petite.
My labor was just perfect and went better than expected.
My contractions started around 2:30am Tues night/Wed morning
and were coming in between 3-5 minutes apart.
They weren't terrible at this point, but I knew I was in labor.
We got to the hospital around 7am and after the Dr checked me around 10am
he admitted me.
I received my epidural around 1pm and the rest of the afternoon flew by.
I was progressing perfectly and before I knew it I was at 10cm and ready to push!
I asked my nurse how long a first time patient usually pushes
and she said around 2 hours is about average.
The Dr came in, gave me a few instructions and I was ready!
I was determined to be a great pusher.
After 4 pushes Addie was born!!
My Dr said I had some serious bragging rights :-)
My recovery has been wonderful and I feel great...just a little tired.
Addie is wonderful and the nurses have labeled her a "champion" eater!
We are scheduled to be discharged from the hospital tomorrow evening,
on Christmas day!
I feel so blessed to have 2 beautiful and healthy girls!
Merry Christmas to us!!!

28 comments:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

wow congratualtions!!!!!! what a wonderful wonderful christmas gift. YOu will no doubt have the best Christmas ever! congrats tot he big sisiter too! so will she call her Addie or is it still Sprinkles?

Melissa said...

Aww you got your girl just in time! :) Congratulations and enjoy her - what a wonderful gift and so glad it went so smoothly for you! Merry Christmas!

Just Believing said...

Melinda!!!! Congratulations on your sweet Addie! Best gift ever!!! Congrats to your hubby and to Crista for being a big sister now!!!!

Melissa said...

Oh and that is so funny because the girl name we had picked was Adelyn (Addie for short) - great minds! :)

Hannah said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! What a wonderful Christmas miracle you are holding. Beautiful. Now your Christmas is complete :)



P.S.
I told you so!!
Merry Christmas my friend!

Molly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a precious Christmas gift!!!!
Crista got the best present ever! :)
Blessings on your family as you rejoice in your special day! :)
Molly

Anonymous said...

Oh Melinda! I am so happy for you all. What an amazing Christmas this is for you all.

Gardenia said...

she is beautiful. and a perfect gift from God. blessings to you and your family, and I love love her name.

Anonymous said...

I have tears of happiness for you!!!! I can only imagine how happy you are! What a blessing to have two beautiful girls! What a wonderful Christmas you'll have!

((hugs)) to you and your family! I'm doing a happy dance for you here in Texas!

Merry Christmas!

Arena Mom said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! She is just beautiful and I love the name!!! What a great Christmas you will have!!!

Cayle said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
Perfect Christmas gift.
She is absolutely beautiful. x3

Sarah said...

Congratulations Melinda! Addie is gorgeous! Can't wait to see her big sister holding her! What a beautiful reminder of the miracle of the season!

Merry Christmas!

Aileen said...

Congratulations! Addie is beautiful and I hope she and Crista have an amazing Christmas as brand new sisters!

One Busy Momma said...

She's beautiful!!!
Congratulations!!!!!

Merry Christmas!

Shannon said...

Congratulations....your very own Christmas miracle!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Addie is absolutely beautiful! And I LOVE her name. I am so excited for ya'll. I only wish you were closer so that I could come hold her and get some sweet little kisses. I guess I will have to settle for you and Crista giving her kisses for me.

If Addie could have just waited four more days, she would have the same birthday as Lane. :)

Take care of yourself and your beautiful family! I miss you!

Love you,
Sheila

PS...I left you a few messages on your facebook. :)
Take care of yourself and your beautiful family.

Marsha said...

Just checked your blog to see how you were and what a surprise!!! Congratulations, she is just beautiful!!!! So glad you are both doing well.
Marsha

Unknown said...

Hey again. I just want to let you know that I have looked at this website at least 10 times today. Addie is so beautiful and I am so very happy for you. I just looked over at Gary and said "can I please go to Indiana?" I would LOVE to see her and give her kisses.

Love ya'll!!

Lindy said...

Addie is such a beautiful baby! She looks so alert in your husband's arms.

I can't wait to hear about and see pictures of Crista's reaction. You are truly blessed to have these two miracles!

~Isabel said...

I found you through Amiee's blog...and so glad i stopped in for a visit!!

What an amazing, wonderful Christmas gift!! She is just perfect...and i'm sure that her big sister is thrilled!

Wishing your family much joy, peace and love in the upcoming New Year!

Julie Rivera said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! With the holidays, I haven't been checking blogs as much as normal. What exciting news to see on yours! She looks perfect in every way and I can only imagine how complete she must have made Christmas for your whole family. Enjoy her and I can't wait to see more pictures!

Steph said...

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful Christmas blessing.

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She is just perfect and beautiful!

I love her name, too! Although, Sprinkles was cute..:)

Cant wait to hear/see more!

Unknown said...

Melinda & Jake, Congratulations!!! She's precious and has a head of hair.
I love her name!!! It's so cute!!!

I can't wait to see more pics of little Addie and big sister Crista!

Congratulations again. Love, Emily

Heidi said...

She is absolutely beautiful! So glad everything went well and everyone is doing great. Can't wait for more updates! By the way, LOVE the name. It's one of my favorites.

nora said...

Melinda - she is beautiful! Just perfect! Congratulations on a great labor and a healthy baby. Looking forward to seeing Crista as a big sister! Take care of yourself and go slow! Merry Christmas and such a joyful New Year!

Lund7 said...

Congratulations!!! I haven't been on my computer for a few days and was so happy for you when I saw your post! Hope everyone is doing well. How does Big Sister like her new baby sister?? What a Christmas blessing for you all! I love her name!

Michele E. Fiorelli said...

Congratulations to you and your beautiful family!!!! So very happy to hear that Mom, Girls and Dad are all doing well!!!