12.19.2009

December Catch-up!

I've been so behind on everything lately.
Especially the blog.
This will be one massive post so stay with me!!


{Celebrating Christmas}


First we started off with the reading of
the Christmas Story.

Then it was on to the presents!
Everyone got exactly what they wanted!





I think Crista’s exact words were
“This is what I’ve always wanted!!”

There were lots of other goodies too...


And this is why we celebrated Christmas
so early this year…

The two pregnant sister-in-laws.
Katie actually delivered Paislee Kate last Tuesday!
That means…I’m NEXT!!

Thanks Papaw and Mamaw!
We all had a great day celebrating!



{Santa Comes To Town}

Every year our little town ushers in the Christmas season
with a visit from Santa Claus.
He arrives in style…
on the back of a fire truck
With lights going and sirens blaring.
He rides up and down the street announcing his arrival
And all the children flock up to the school
To have a chance to sit on his lap and put in their requests.

Crista is so intrigued with Santa.
Wants to see him,
Talks about him,
And is so excited about the presents he’ll be bringing.
But she WON’T sit on his lap.
AT ALL!
So this year we welcomed Santa from our front porch
but we didn’t follow the crowd up to the school.
Instead we stayed in our cozy little home and watched
a Christmas movie instead!










{First Snow Of The Season}

We had our first snow today.
I detest snow.
But Crista loves it, so…
Jake laced up my boots (because I can't)
And I put on my (too tight) coat (that won’t zip up the side anymore)
And we headed out.

Crista couldn't wait to take her first taste of the snow.
She loves this stuff!

Playing around with Daddy.
He’s much more fun in the snow than Mama!


Our snow-girl.
Crista named her Spritee (like Sprite-E)
I have NO idea where she comes up with these names.
And NO, she does NOT have a say in the baby’s name!

More Daddy fun!




Ok, so I did get in on the action.
Just a little.
But its all worth it for Crista!!


10 comments:

Heidi said...

The things we do for our kids, huh? GREAT pictures! I love them all. We haven't gotten enough snow yet for a snowman but Emmi cannot wait.

Hannah said...

What a great post! I know how you feel I am SO behind...I want to keep track of all the activities for the kids sake but I am worn out...and I am not even pregnant...you must be worn out!

I am jealous of your snow we don't have any yet! I am not a huge fan of snow but for Christmas it is a must!!

Love the pink boots too :)

Lilysmom said...

Great post thank you for taking us along on your christmas adventures. I also not fond of snow thankfully I have to make a large effort to find it. I too will get dragged out into the white stuff before winter is over :)

Jessica D. said...

love the snowman's bling bling :D

Brooke said...

Wow what a great Christmas post. I have been in what has seemed like prelabor for the last two days. Today the contractions came very close together and we thought it time to go to the L&D. No dice. I am only 2cm and 80% thinned out. Ugh. I am feeling anxious and trying not to be too bummed out. I hope he is here soon. I hope you get to meet Sprinkles soon as well!

Arena Mom said...

What beautiful pictures, as always! I lvoe the one of her eating the snow!! Looks like a great Christmas so far for you guys!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

oh the cowgirl boots picture is sooo cute, I love it! Maya is right there with her we do love the snow! so jealous of how you can get your inside pictures to turn out. yes i need to learn and try the Tv mode, so scared but there is a girl who does photography here who is going to give me some pointers next month,I can't wait! It all looks like a wonderful time!!!!

Gardenia said...

oh it's almost time for little sprinkles, so you're probably catching up on alot of things. that post ought to "hold us" for awhile if you're "busy." I love the pics of Crista in the snow with her daddy. she's got an awesome smile.

Joanna said...

Almost time!!! :) Those pictures are just beautiful! Crista and daddy in the snow truly melts my heart. Now you must tell me which lens you are using because those pics are STUNNING. Love that Barbie preschool, too!
(www.rayadventures.blogspot.com)

Aileen said...

Love all of the pics! You guys got a lot more snow than we did. We would have had to scrap up all of the snow in the entire neighborhood to build that snow girl.