Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday to my littlest daughter!
Our celebration was a little on the low key side
because she's been sick for the past week.
We decided to wait to have her birthday party when she's back to 100%.
No fun to have a party when you don't feel good :-(
Also, Addie's official one year portraits are postponed for the same reason.
Hopefully we'll have a few good days next week so I can get them done.
But here is how Addie spent her very first day
as a brand new toddler...
Addie woke up early, around 6am, ready to play!
I fed her and then we played for about an hour before she was ready for her first nap.
I though it was funny that she was taking her first nap
before the rest of the house even woke up for the morning!
But once she woke up from her nap, she was in great spirits!!
I think she knew it was a special day!
Addie and Crista decided to hang out a bit
in their favorite spot.
I catch them here all the time sitting together.
I think this is when they plot against me :-)
Addie also got lots of {birthday love} from her big sister today.
Today is a big day for Crista too.
It marks one year that she's been a big sister.
Something she wanted for so long,
prayed for,
and now loves being.
On someone's birthday, its our tradition to put candles on their breakfast .
It doesn't matter what we eat,
we always stick a candle in it and sing!
Today we decided Addie Grace would get to taste,
for the very first time...
a powdered doughnut.
Its a big deal around here
because we don't get them very often.
A real treat!
So we stuck one tiny pink candle on a doughnut
and sang to our sweet precious daughter.
I wasn't sure how Addie would like the doughnut
since she's never had one before
and she's a bit of a picky eater.
Guess I shouldn't have worried :-)
Not one single bit!
After some play time
(yes I let her play on the fireplace,
no hate mail please.)
came her next nap.
She rested well,
which was good because Addie got to experience,
for the very first time,
what every child in America drools over...
McDonalds!!
Mama, Crista & Grandma helped Addie celebrate and
Addie got her first Happy Meal.
A plain hamburger and french fries with an apple juice to drink.
She ate well...loves those french fries...
and thought her little toy giraffe was great!
After lunch and playtime at McDonald's,
a little Christmas shopping,
and her next nap (yes, that makes 3!)
We had just a little informal photoshoot.
Wanted to get a few of her in that Birthday outfit.
I made it for Crista when she turned one
and thought it would be special for Addie to wear it too.
I honestly didn't know if it would ever get used again.
So thankful God blessed us with TWO children (GIRLS at that)!!
Supper came next
and I fixed one of Addie's favorite meals.
Chili.
With such a picky palate,
you'd think she'd pass on chili.
But she loves it!
She also loves feeding herself.
I load up her fork and give it to her
and she does the rest.
Such a big girl!
Addie was in such a great mood today,
laughing easily,
babbling and repeating new words,
giving Mama her best kisses.
Even though it was low key,
it was perfect.
Not because of what we did
but because of who we did it with!
We finished our day the exact same way we have
every night
for the past 365 nights.
With Addie Grace falling asleep in my arms
while nursing her.
There is no better way to close out our day!
Happy Birthday sweet miracle girl.
We love you so very much!!
As much fun as the last year has been,
we're looking forward to the next with so much hopeful anticipation,
watching you grow and learn and become the little girl
God created you to be!
























10 comments:
Happy birthday, Addie! You are such a cutie and we can't wait to see the birthday photos your talented Mommy will take soon!
what a great birthday! i love the powdered doughnut pictures!!!! happy birthday sweet addie grace!
awwww!!! Happy Birthday Addie!!! :)
Happy birthday Addie!
Such a big day for you and Crista and I know it was a great one at that.
I hope you get better so you can enjoy some birthday cake. [=
Happy first Birthday Addie! What a great way to spend your special day!
Happy Birthday sweet Addie girl! You are just the cutest thing. Glad you were feeling well enough to go out and about on your special day. Those powdered donuts are my VERY favorite!!
Happy Birthday Addie!! You are such a sweet and special baby girl.
I love the picture of her and Crista in the morning. It is so sweet. I love morning hair on baby girls :)
I can not wait to see your portraits!!
I love the nursing pic at the end.
Happy birthday Addie Grace! I am so happy that you enjoyed your yummy powdered donut. You little buddy Colton didnt exactly enjoy his birthday cupcake. Someday you will have to show him how to indulge his sweet tooth :)
Just getting blogger to work for me again. So glad Addie is feelign better. Love that black and white of her little face and the beautiful nursing picture.
Oh and of course her enjoying her doughnut and standing wearing her birthday dress! all so precious.
Happy Birthday, Addie Grace!
With those piercing blue eyes, you should be required to wear blue at all times!
I notice that Crista looks a little older lately... and even more stunning. I love the picture of Crista hugging Addie. What a sweet heart she has.
Post a Comment