11.09.2010

Sweet Shot Tuesdays

Sweet Shot Day

I took a little stroll through our yard today
and found the most surprising sight!
While most people are photographing bright vivid oranges, reds & yellows,
I found this pretty pink blossom.
Doesn't look very fall-like
but I have 4 or 5 bushes loaded with buds just about ready
to pop!
I don't usually photograph nature
but I couldn't help myself!

I would love any feedback you can give on the photo.
Something seems off to me but I can't quite put my finger on it.
I'm new with textures too so any advice you can give will
be greatly appreciated!


Make sure you click on the button at the top
to see more inspiring photos!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So jealous! I'd love to have something like that around this time of year. Are you in the southern hemisphere?



Now, about the textures. Since you asked, I honestly don't care for them, but that's just my opinion.

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

just crazy I tell you. Although I have two rose bushes that still ahve blooms and it might snow tonight! Also my forsthia (big SP) bush which is full of fall color actually has acouple of blooms on it and its a bush that only blooms in the spring.
I of course know nothing about textures or how to use them.

grace said...

wow, that's awesome! great job!

Jimi Ann said...

I love the "swished" effect, or whatever you call it. (I am obviously an amateur, and a beginning one at that). Beautiful.

I found a DAISY yesterday while out in the woods taking pictures! In November!

Hannah said...

It's beautiful!

I am a little jealous of how green and bright everything looks. I am going to need you to post pretty sunny days all winter :)

Kathy S. said...

I love the photo and the texture effect! Where did you find that texture at? I too am still learning textures. Usually the hardest part for me is picking which one to use! haha I know when I've used textures on photos of people I go back and erase the texture off their body/skin and it makes the picture pop more. Maybe if you took the texture off the flower and maybe its leaves it will give you the effect you're wanting to get? Worth a try at least. =)