11.14.2010

The First Of Many? I Hope Not!

Today Addie got her first owie.
And boy was it a doozie!
Scared her poor Mama & Daddy nearly to tears.
Actually did scare big sister to tears.
Guess its all part of learning to stand on your own.
But I did tell Miss Addie Grace
she wasn't allowed any more owies
on {Mama's watch}.

We had a family friend who's an EMT take a peek at Addie.
She gave the all clear.
At church, people were noticing the blue on her forehead
instead of the blue of her eyes.
I know this picture is super blurry
but it shows her goose egg.

We're thankful Addie is her normal sweet beautiful self tonight!

7 comments:

Donna said...

OH!!! Goose eggs are thw WORSE!!! It so unimageable to see that "ball" on your babies head,isn't it!?!

((HUGS)) out to your whole family on what must have been a very trying, scarey moment. So glad Addie is alright. What an awesome big sis, to shed her tears, too!

Anne said...

Awww! Poor baby girl and poor big sister. Hope she feels better soon.

Gardenia said...

i can see why you were almost in t4ears. we hate to see our little ones suffer.

vaneblu said...

Awww sorry for the huge scare!
But she looks sooo cute on those pics ;)

Hannah said...

Poor baby girl! That makes me shudder just to look at. I can't imagine.

How sweet is Crista? I can totally see her crying over Addie getting a boo-boo. You really do have the most beautiful children...inside and out :)

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Remember that picture I blew of the cousins in their gonzaga bulldog colors. Both of my nephews had HUGE goose eggs and they were bruising nicely in those photo's. WhenI was in Guatemala it was really bad becasue all the floors are hard tile, I often thougth about putting a diaper on Maya's head! then in a magmzine I saw they actually sold helmets for babies, go figure I could have made some money.

jenn said...

that would have scared the bee-gee-beezzz out of me too!