9.08.2010

Our Labor Day Celebration

Ain't {no laboring} going on here!
Our Labor Day celebration was so fun!
It's been years since I was home for this
last hoorah of the summer.
The weather was great for outside play...
and for snowcones,
which the kids all loved.





While the big kids were eating their snowcones,
Addie Grace was super busy
getting reacquainted with this side of the family.


Jake and I introduced my Southern family to the game of Holey Board.
It was a hit,
even though Marcus and Nicky were undefeated and
sported {huge egos} the rest of the day!

If not eating a snowcone,
Crista and Hayden were found in the jeep.
I'm sure they left their tracks all over Mama's yard.
Crista and Hayden also tried their hand at Holey Board.
Uncle Marcus was there to give some pointers,
you know, cause he's a pro now.
Master of Holey Board, if you will.  (ha ha!)
It was a relaxing day
and just what we needed before
jumping into the fall!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!


And just to show you where we live,
this picture was taken in Mama's backyard.
Our house is tucked away behind a few trees
just on the other side of the road.
Close enough for Crista to call Grandma
from the front porch
{without me knowing}
and for Grandma to hear and come
a-runnin'
thinking I was in need.
Crista thought that was pretty great.
I can see where that might get Crista into some trouble.
But its great being that close!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Addie's EYES!! My goodness - they are gorgeous!

Brooke said...

I cant believe that sweet little angel is giving you such trouble. I think you are making it all up ;) lol

What a fun day you had. Wow you are close to Grandma. How fun for you guys! And Crista. Ha ha.

Hannah said...

I love that your mom is so close to you guys...and I'm sure after you being gone for so long she is pretty happy about it too :)

Sounds like such a great weekend!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

that does look relaxing and fun. We too love to have my parents so close. How wonderful for the kids and the grandparents (parents too!)

Steph{anie} said...

I bet your mom didn't mind running over to see what was up :)