There never was a
Child so lovely but his
Mother was glad to see him asleep.
-RALPH WALDO EMERSON
I've mentioned before that Addie
has been having some sleep issues at night...
AND during the day.
Basically, she wasn't sleeping.
Actually, she's never been a great sleeper.
She's never allowed me a full night's rest,
always waking up {at least} once or twice
on a good night
and multiple times on a
not so good night.
But I want to shout it from the rooftops that
Addie slept 11 hours straight last night...
without one ounce of crying...
and without waking up at all,
not to nurse and
not because her {beloved} pacifier fell out of her mouth. Again.
It was a true answer to prayer!
Thank you, thank you Dr Marc Weissbluth and your heaven sent book
"Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child".
It also makes Mama's happy :-)










9 comments:
LOVE this post! I have to say we are still in the beginning stages of the happy child (and Mama) plan. I hope things get easier and wow I hope your little Addie keeps sleeping like a champ!
Wow so did you wake up to make sure she was breathing? no ones feels good if they aren't getting good sleep. Maya is our champion sleeper, still sleeps at least 12 hours straight a night and even on our first visit trip the the 3 there after she slept 10 hours at night. the only time we had a problem was when she was sick or the god forsaken teething!
How did you do it?!?! I read that book and not sure where to start. The whole extinction thing does not work when you have a willful child and they cry for 2 1/2 hours. My son is almost 7 months and wakes up every night (and stays awake for an hour or two in the middle of the night) and does not nap well. Congrats on your accomplishment!! Hopefully we will be there soon!!!
That is wonderful! I am so happy that you are seeing progress. I know how hard it's been for you. You need sleep.
I love the pictures of Addie sleeping. Those are so peaceful and tell the story so completely.
How wonderful! Sleep makes all the difference. I wonder if it is related to her food allergies? I love the pictures of your sleeping beauty.
So glad you are getting some sleep!! Can you comment on my blog and give me a brief rundown on what you had to do!! I would appreciate it;)
WOW I would love to just get 8 full hours of sleep!!! Bowen takes 2 short naps a day and then only sleeps about 6 hours at night. But he is always happy, he just does not want to miss anything!!! Maybe I need to read the book you read, b/c Mommy needs more sleep than that!! Great pics too.
Marsha
Go, Addie, go! That is great news for the whole family, I'm sure. I have been blessed with two wonderful sleepers, and that's probably a good thing because I would NOT be as gracious about missing sleep as you have been!
Sorry, catching up on comments!
I'm glad Addie is sleeping better...I can't only imagine how much better you feel :)
Post a Comment