5.10.2010

Instant Ego Booster!

So I went to Wal*Mart to pick up some pictures of the girls that I sent on-line.
But they wouldn't give me my photos without,
get this...
a copyright release from the photographer!
I politely explained that they are not professional pictures,
in fact, I took the photos myself.
Not good enough.
They said they {looked} professional.
I had to have a release.
I explained again that the photos were mine.
So they made me fill out a copyright release to get my own pictures!
How crazy was that!
I took it as a compliment :-)




I've had several people ask me some photography questions
so I thought I'd just answer them all in one post.
The camera I shoot with is a Nikon D60.
Its a great beginner DSLR and I absolutely love it!
I have no special lenses, only the kit lenses that came with the camera.
They're not the best in the world but they work.
I mostly use my 18-55mm lens
but do have a 55-200 lens that I haven't picked up in over a year!
I shoot only in natural light, no studio lighting for me!
I wouldn't even know how to begin to use studio lighting.
To edit my pictures I like using Lightroom and Photoshop.
I vow to get better at using both.
I haven't taken any photography classes and am completely self-taught.
I think that covers all the questions I've been asked recently.
Hope you have a great week!
Happy Shooting!

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Compliment rightly deserved!! I need to self teach myself to do more with my camera! And learn Photoshop...

Amy said...

That is a great compliment. Your photos are great. Hope you had a happy Mother's Day.
Blessings,
Amy

Lauren said...

how awesome! I do love your photos and I agree - they definitely look professional! :)

Thanks for the tips! We're camera shopping - so I love knowing what you use :)

Arena Mom said...

how awesome!!! I bet that made your year! you deserve it!!

Just Believing said...

I am not surprised at all! Your photohraphy is amazing! I hope ot keep growing mine as you have done in yours! Its so great to hear you only use the standard lens it comes with. We have a cnaon rebel and i think I need a new lense to get better pics but obviously not!

Next I want to learn photoshop :)

Congrats!!!

Just Believing said...

oh yeah any tips on natural lighting....thats my hardest thing in photography is working with shadows or not or trying ot get the right light that isnt too bright but still bright enough

Just Believing said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Just Believing said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! A big compliment indeed!!! You really are good!

Aileen said...

I'm not surprised at all-but will clearly need a copyright release from you when I get the boys' pictures :-) You are very talented!

Gardenia said...

wow. very impressive. as are your pictures.

Brooke said...

That is funny! And what a compliment. Of course I totally agree that your pictures are wonderful. I especially like your choice of subjects ;)

Hannah said...

That is AWESOME!! You ARE professional. You need to hang your sign and start charging!!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

thats aweome!!!!!

Heidi said...

Super sweet! I agree with Hannah!

Melissa G said...

Well your photos are pretty awesome!

I just wanted to let you know that we have a giveaway going on this week!

www.geoffandmelissa.blogspot.com

Jessica D. said...

lol, that means your professional now!! Happy for you! Happy Shooting!