5.23.2010

5 Months

Wow! What a month its been!
Addie continues to grow and change
and is losing that infant look and feel
a little more
every day.
She is becoming quite the social butterfly,
and is quick to offer sweet grins and precious giggles
if you take the time to talk to her.
She has so much to say and loves being in the conversation
with the rest of us.
She's loving her jumperoo and bumbo and is even liking
{tummy time} too!
She is SO close to rolling over and grabs her feet and rocks
from one side to the other.
We haven't started her on solids yet but she has become very interested
in what we're eating.
She wants to be at the table with us at every meal
and watches us closely as we eat.

Addie weighs 12lbs 10oz...
such a little peanut!
She is still in size 1 diapers and is wearing 3 month clothes comfortably.
Addie has decided her 7-8pm crying time is {no longer necessary}
and has become a peaceful, content and happy baby.
This month we also learned something new about Addie Grace.
She has an allergy/intolerance to milk and dairy.
It was causing her to be so fussy
and she had so many unpleasant symptoms
that made her feel terrible.
We're so thankful to have figured out what was wrong
and we've welcomed our happy girl back
with excited and open arms!
This is something that she will outgrow
but for now I am on a dairy-free diet.
Having Addie feeling well again
is completely worth giving up some of my favorite foods.
Small sacrifices for my little pumpkin!

Addie seems to be falling into a routine
and is actually taking
scheduled naps (for longer than 45 minutes at a time!).
She is ready to nurse for the last time at 8pm sharp
and then falls right to sleep.
We've worked hard at getting her to put herself to sleep and she does
a great job most of the time.
Of course I don't mind rocking her to sleep on occasion :-)
She is still getting up twice a night to eat...every 4 hours...around the clock.
But I figure she's so tiny that she needs those extra feedings at night.
And don't tell anyone, but I love the middle of the night feedings.
The house is quiet and dark
and its such a sweet, uninterrupted time that I have with Addie.

Its so hard to believe Addie was placed in my arms 5 months ago.
Seems like yesterday.
Seems like forever ago.

Happy 5 months my blue-eyed baby girl!!

11 comments:

Brittany said...

I love the pictures, you are always so creative! This little basket was perfect for your beautiful girl!

My oldest son has a dairy allergy, I, too, found out when I was nursing him. It is worth the sacrifice.

Lauren said...

she is just too beautiful! I love these pictures! :)

Cayle said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! 5 months already? wow time really does fly.

I am also lactose but i been since i was born. I hope her allergy does go away.

Love to see how much she weighs she is such a little one.


Love--- Cayle

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

what a basket full of cuteness! Lvoe to hear about her and hows she is chnaging and growing up. Isnt' that the truth, everything seems so new yet so long ago. what a cute picture you have with her on her bio!

Amy said...

She is so precious. I just LOVE that last photo.
Blessings,
Amy

Gardenia said...

it's so cool that you do this log every month. she is a living doll! love those little toesies.

Ashley said...

She gets more beautiful everyday!! Glad to hear the naps are getting better..that gives me hope for longer than 45 min!!:) Also, thanks for your comment on my blog about nighttime feedings. My pedi told me after I feed her once in the night to let her cry it out for the next feeding...but I can't do it!! Hope you have a great week!

Brooke said...

Wonderful pictures! Colton has been rolling over for a couple weeks now. He hasnt figured out how to get places rolling he just rolls once and then gets mad when he cant get to where he thought he was going! lol I am so glad you figured out that you needed to eliminate dairy from your diet and continue to breastfeed. I haven't started Colton of solids either and everyone (including my husband) is giving me heck! I am just not ready and since I am the one changing/washing diapers and feeding him 95% of the time I dont think I am out of line to want to call the shots in that department. I cant believe how petite Addie is! Colton is now wearing 6-9 month sizes! He weighed 15lbs at his 4 month appointment. I wish our little bundles could meet. They are changing so much and its amazing how it seems to be whooshing by.

vaneblu said...

WOW what a blessing, Addie just keeps getting cuter and cuter!
Hope her allergies goes away, just start introducing them gradually :)
I had them as a baby and now I can eat everything!

Hannah said...

She is so adorable! I love the pictures! Those eyes and little hands and feet...so precious.

Can't wait to see you guys again :)

Jessica D. said...

love the basket photos! she's growing so quick all to soon she won't fit in a basket!