6.08.2010

Blessed With Friends!

One of the added bonuses of adopting
has been the incredible
friendships
I've made in the process!
and I decided to meet up
in a little touristy town half-way between our homes
for a little {photography} fun.
We let the kiddos come too.
Somebody had to model for us :-)
It was a great afternoon,
pretty low-key...
except for the terrible thunderstorm that
sent us all rushing to the courthouse for cover.
And the torrential rain that pounded the streets,
gusty winds that knocked down trees,
and hail that kept getting larger and larger.
And the fact that I rolled down the windows on my car
earlier that day
so the car wouldn't be so hot when we got in.
So instead of the car being hot, it was flooded.
Seriously, flooded.
And since I had no other choice but to sit on the wet seat to drive us home,
I got soaked too.
But all in all we had loads of fun and took lots of pictures!



































Crista and I are so blessed to call this sweet family
our friends!


9 comments:

Arena Mom said...

Oh I wish I lived closer to you guys!!!! Those pictures are amazing!! I just can't pick my favorite. Number 1 comes close though!

Anonymous said...

That is super sweet! I know you also met up with Aimee too! YOu are truly blessed to have these fantastic ladies in your families life!

Lauren said...

you take the most gorgeous photos!!!

Hannah said...

You are SO sweet! I love the picture you got of Dmitry too...I think he let me take two and that was with bribes!

I have my pictures ready so I'll have to get mine up ASAP!

We love you guys!

Amy said...

I agree, the friendships found through adoption are amazing!

Love all the pictures. Your girls are beautiful!
Blessings,
Amy

Lund7 said...

It is such a blessing to meet new people because of our mutual bond of Guatemala! I feel like I know you and Hannah as friends from reading your blogs. You both are amazing ladies and I wished I lived closer to you!!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I really wish I lived closer to you guys, that looked like an awesome day, I mean other then the flooded car and all. I love the one of Crista whispering in Sophia's ear and her smiling at you guys. I am so impressed how good Dmitry is, I know he's well trained like the rest of the kids but I"m still impressed.

Sarah said...

What an adorable little town! Where was that? The next time Hannah comes up to see you, I might just have to tag along!!

Gorgeous babies!! Love the ones of Dmitry too!!

I hope you had fun at the i <3 faces photowalk! Can't wait to see your pics!

Gardenia said...

your pics are beautiful, truly! and Crista and Sophia and Dmitry are such cutie pies!