A few months before Addie was born,
Crista came to me with her baby doll
asking if I would teach her how
to change a diaper.
I sat down with her and went step by step how to
take off the dirty diaper
and put a clean one back on.
Crista soaked up all the information,
took her baby,
and continued playing.
A few minutes later, Crista comes back to me saying
her baby has {another} dirty diaper and she needs to change her.
Again.
I continue with my housework when all of a sudden
I hear the baby being tossed across the room and
I see Crista with tears flowing down her face, saying...
"How will I ever be a big sister if I can't even change a diaper!"
(and when I say crying, I mean a full on tantrum)
She doesn't take her big sister responsibility lightly.
I promised she would know how to change a diaper
before her new sister arrived, not realizing Addie
was going to make an early appearance!
So today, I made good on my word and taught Crista
the art of changing a diaper.
She was thrilled!!
She is such a natural with her baby sister and
this Mama
couldn't be more proud!












11 comments:
I love the last picture. So cute!!!
Blessings,
Amy
What a sweet big sister!
the last pic is beautiful. don't you hate it when people tell you who your child looks like -- but I have to say it -- your Addie Grace looks like YOU! (haven't really seen pics of her daddy so maybe she resembles him too, but she definitely looks like you)> :) and what a great big sis your Crista is. she knew she wanted to have duties to take care of her baby sis, and got all prepared beforehand. what a precious heart.
oh don't you hate it when they get so frusterated when there is something they want to be able to do and they just can't get it. Glad all is well now. Lvoe the last picture, I would never have recognized Addie, she looks so different, upright. They both have such beautiful eyes.
That is awesome! I love that last picture too! Crista looks SO proud of her job AND of her sweet baby sister. Addie is one lucky baby girl :)
In two words: SO SWEET:)
Oh my, that last picture is darling!
What beautifu big eyes they both have. How fun!
Crista always looks so proud of her sister.
Awww - how sweet. That's a big sister for ya!
That is so sweet. I love that last picture :)
Coming here always brings a smile to my face. What sweet girls you have.
That is so sweet! What a great big sister! I love the picture of them together! What beautiful girls!
Post a Comment