1.13.2010

3 Weeks Old





I can't believe Addie has been with us for
3 weeks now!
We have truly been blessed with a wonderful baby girl!
We have seen such a difference in her in just a week.
Last week we were concerned about her weight,
only gaining 2 ounces in 2 weeks.
As of Monday when we went in for a weight check,
she weighed in at 6 lbs 10 oz!
She gained almost a full pound in just one week.
And her cheeks are filling out
and her newborn size clothes are finally fitting
and she is sporting the cutest double chin I've ever seen!!
She finally has an interest in eating
and only cries
when hungry or when you take her bottle away to burp her.
She has no patience for burping.
Addie is still in newborn size diapers but
I'm guessing
the next pack I buy may need to be size 1.
Addie {finally} lost her belly button stump
and was rewarded with her very first tub bath.
She LOVES her pacifier and her bouncer
and absolutely HATES to be cold...just like her Mama :-)
Crista is still so in love with her baby sister
and wants to hold her all the time.
Addie must feel the same towards Crista because she
loves to be in Crista's arms
and stares at her intently while being held.
Addie is still a wonderful sleeper and sleeps 4-5 hours at a time
during the night.
Jake and I feel we've hit the lottery...twice...when it comes to our children.
We couldn't be happier with the gifts God has given us!!





10 comments:

Gardenia said...

what absolute love personified, huh? that passie is almost as big as her blessed little face!

Lauren said...

she is absolutely precious!!! What an incredible blessing!!! :)

Amy said...

She is so beautiful. I know she will be crazy about her big sister too :)
Blessings,
Amy

Hannah said...

She is so beautiful! I love the basket. I keep looking at all kinds of things to put her in. It feels kind of weird to look at old boxes and wonder Hmm...can I put a baby in that??

I love that picture of her with the paci. Her eyes just sparkle!!

Molly said...

Beautiful precious baby! I love her blue eyes!

Ashley said...

Sooo cute!!!

Lindy said...

She looks just beautiful sleeping in that basket!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

oh you are so so lucky! congratualtions again!

Unknown said...

Okay, I can't stay away from this site! I look at it AT LEAST one time per day. Addie is sooo precious. You just don't know how bad I would like to jump on a plane and come to Indiana. This is just not fair. :( Tell Jake that Addie does not like that cold weather and would be much happier here in Georgia!

Love you and miss you bunches!
Sheila

Lund7 said...

You take the msot beautiful pictures of your most beautiful girls! I love that basket that Addie is in!