1.06.2010

2 Weeks Old

Today Addie Grace is 2 weeks old.
2 weeks already gone...its so hard to believe!
At 2 weeks Addie is a very content baby.
Sweet as pie
and the light of our lives!
She STILL hasn't lost her belly button stump (which is driving Mama crazy!!)
and loves to be sung to. Especially
"You Are My Sunshine".
Its her favorite and soothes her instantly.
She loves snuggling and being carried close to Mama
in the Moby Wrap.
Crista lavishes big sister kisses on her which
Addie just soaks up!
And she is the most content when being held by Crista.
Makes this Mama's heart so proud!
Addie loves to have her hair brushed and
get her fingernails filed.
We're all things girly at our house!
Addie has become quite the lazy eater so after MUCH discussion
we've decided to switch her to the bottle
to monitor how much she's actually getting.
After 2 weeks she's only gained 2 ounces but
I'm confident she's on the right track now!
We'll go in on Monday for another weight check
and I know we'll get good news!
Addie Grace still looks so much like her Uncle Marcus
and it seems her personality is similar to his too.
I don't know anyone else
in the whole world
who would rather sleep than eat!
We've had a great first two weeks getting to know our
sweet little pumpkin.
We're hoping the next few goes just as smooth!

5 comments:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

nothing to say but just how sweet she is

Hannah said...

She is SO sweet. Love sleeping babies :)

Mama Bear said...

You totally melted my heart, what a dream baby girl :-)

Aileen said...

The Moby Wrap rocks! Ben and I LOVED ours and used it until after his first birthday when we switched to a mei tai. He kept his belly button stump for an entire month-32 days! As you can imagine, washing all of that hair without putting him in the baby bathtub was an adventure! I hope Addie loses hers sooner than that! She is just darling!

Unknown said...

She's precious & she kinda does look like her Uncle Marcus.
I hope all is well and I'm sooo happy for you guys.
I send my love.