8.20.2013

So Long Summer...Summer Recap!

Since I had 3 people this week
{Mom, Lee & Mrs Joy!}
inform me I haven't updated my blog
in FOREVER,
I thought now would be a good time
to dust off my blog and get back to it!
But I have to say,
I completely enjoyed
my summer break from blogging and facebook.
It was much  needed!!
 
Here's a recap of our summer...Part 1!
I didn't think I had very many pictures since I forgot to take my camera
nearly every place we went.
Apparently, I took more pictures than I thought!
 
We started off the summer picking strawberries.
Its an annual event
and we look forward to it every year!


 
 
We had many beach days.
These were my favorites.
I love spending a lazy day at the beach
and I really love how worn out the kids are when we get home...
early bedtimes all the way around!


 
One of the beaches we visit has a cute little splash area
the kids love.

 
We had our very first Family Missions Day.
We helped out a missions organization that we love
by unloading a semi truck
filled with boxes of underwear.
The girls thought that was hilarious!
I was so impressed with the girls.
It was so hot that day
and the semi was roasting.
But the girls were troopers and Addie Grace
thought she was such a big girl!
We're hoping to do more family mission days soon!



 
 
We killed our first...and so far, only...
snake.
Addie was on the couch looking out our big window in the front of the house
when she calmly said,
"There's a snake, Mama."
She thinks everything is a snake,
worms, straw, grass...seriously, everything.
So I dismissed her.
When she said it again,
I thought I would at least see what she was talking about
and sure enough it was a snake.
Good thing Daddy is brave!
We called him home from church and he took care of our little problem
while the girls and I stayed safely on the screened-in porch!

 
We had play dates...


 
and an invite to a friend's private beach.
 
 
We had picnics galore.
But since it rained most of the summer,
we had lots of picnics on our screened-in porch.
Its my favorite part of the house!


 
4th of July rolled around
and we had our first get-together in our new happy home.
We had friends come over and the kids played in the water

 
While the adults played Holey Board and Frisbee.


 
And of course we had sparklers and just a few small fireworks.

 
Crista's BFF, Gracie was on a swim team this summer
so we went out to the Islands to support her.
It was neat and Crista is now interested in joining the team next year!

 
Crista also met up with her good friend, Coral there!
 
This picture will never get old!
Classic Addie Grace.
 
Addie Grace also had her very first birthday party.
But that deserves a post all its own...
which I'll post soon!
 
And my sweet little first born
celebrated another birthday!
Lucky number 7!
More pics from her day will come soon too!
 
Instead of a big birthday party,
Crista and her BFF Gracie
(who's birthday is only 4 days after Crista's)
was treated to 2 nights at Hilton Head!
Gracie's mom and I took the big girls
and left the little sisters at home with the dads.
It was such a blessing having
this time with just Crista.
We both loved every minute of our mini-vacation
and celebrating both Crista and Gracie's birthdays!
 
More summer pics to come!!
Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

You guys had a great summer! I've missed you but I'm glad you enjoyed your summer off :)

CaSandra said...

Let me start out by thanking your Mom, Lee & Mrs. Joy for encouraging you to return to the blogging world; I’ve missed you and your family updates terribly.

Your summer sure looks like it was action-packed! Love the pictures of the picnic on the porch… you have a way of making the ordinary seem fun. I will check back soon for the girl’s party pictures!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

YAY some updates! Let me say that is quite the beach wagon you have.
Can't wait to see their Birthday pictures, we are amping up for a horse themed birthday coming soon.