8.31.2013

Happy Half Birthday Addie Grace!!

Keeping with the tradition of the
second-child syndrome,
poor Addie Grace has never had a birthday party.
Ever.
Partly because I'm a slacker mom,
partly because her birthday is 2 days before Christmas,
but mostly because she's been either
sick,
sick,
or on the road traveling to Indiana
{respectively}
on her actual birthday.
When Crista started talking about all of her previous birthday parties
last month,
Addie Grace said,
"Hey...what about me?!"
So we decided to throw her a 3 1/2 year old birthday party.
And it was the Best Decision Ever!!
She decided to invite her friends from church,
6 girls total,
to her very own...
very first
birthday {Mermaid} pool party!
 

 
We got to the pool a little early
so we could take a few pictures before
her mer-friends arrived.


 
And then they started to arrive.
She was so excited to see that first car drive up!

Everyone had a great time...

...including Daddy!
 
Present time was a hit!
She was so thrilled to have so many gifts!

 
And the moment she had been practicing for all week...
blowing out the candles!

 
I think its safe to say Mermaid Addie Grace had
a wonderful first birthday party!
She's still talking about her pool party from " 'esterday ".
 
 
Happy 1/2 birthday to our little goof-ball
who brings so much laughter to our sweet little family!


3 comments:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Happy Half-Birthday! That is tough having a birthday around the holidays. I'ts nice to spread out the presents throughout the year as well. Sounds like a new birthday tradition. Benjamin is 2 and has noticed that he wasn't in very many pictures around the house. He kept pointing to some saying "me too" "me too". I fixed it, it's tough being the second child./

CaSandra said...

WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA! I love how her BIG personality shines through in *every* picture you take of her!

The 3 1/2 banner was my favorite detail :)

Hannah said...

She is just such a little ball of awesomeness. I love her spunky,silly personality. Happy 1/2 birthday Addie Grace!