8.24.2013

Love Is

"Love is patient and kind.
Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.
It does not demand its own way.
It is not irritable,
 and it keeps no record of being wronged.
 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 
 Love never gives up,
 never loses faith,
is always hopeful,
and endures through
every
circumstance."
 
 
This is a very well known verse in the Bible
about love.
I was given some wonderful advice
many years ago
about love.
I was told
before getting married
to open up my Bible to this passage,
found in 1 Corinthians 13,
and every time the word "love"
is used,
to substitute the guy's name for it.
I was told that each sentence should remain true
with his name in it.
And if I were to find someone who passes this test,
he would be a keeper,
a true gift from God!
I'm happy to say that 11 years ago Jake passed this test...
and still does today!
 
Yesterday morning
Jake told me to be ready at 5pm...
and to dress nice.
I asked if I should have the children ready as well
and he said no, arrangements were made for the children.
So I asked if I needed to have supper ready for them,
and he again, said it was all taken care of.
The girls and I wondered all day what Daddy was up to :-)
Jake took me on a surprise date
and got the girls' favorite babysitter to come and stay with them!
We left and headed into town
for a quiet Sushi date
in a quaint little Japanese place.
The conversation was good,
the sushi was good.
And I did not have to cut up anyone's food
or wipe any mouths
the whole evening!
We had a wonderful break together,
reconnecting after a very full week!
 
I am so blessed to call Jake my husband
and to be his partner in life!
 
Just a quick snapshot after dinner!
And look...no monkeys between us! 
 

 
Three things will last forever—
faith, hope, and love—
and the greatest of these is
  love.

2 comments:

CaSandra said...

What a FUN date... and SPECIAL husband!

Hannah said...

He did a great job putting together a surprise date! Way to go Jake!

You guys are too cute :)