8.26.2013

Good Day!

Today was a good day.
Nothing special really happened.
Just a day where it was consistently good from the beginning to the end.
I love that we've chosen to homeschool.
I love that I have time to teach my children
instead of constantly (and only) disciplining them.
I love that I have time to spend with each of my girls,
individually,
every.single.day.
I love that I can see the fruits of our labor
already.
And it encourages me to keep on.
 
Today we woke up to much cooler temperatures.
We sat on our screened-in porch,
Jake and I drank our coffee
and we did family devotions together
with the girls.
I love hearing my sweet ones pray
and memorizing scripture
in that sacred time.
The girls have already learned their scripture for this week...
and its only Monday!
 
We decided that since the day was so refreshing and cool,
we just had to do school outdoors.
I gathered the supplies
and together we headed to the picnic bench underneath
the pecan tree.
We had a lesson on nature and our 5 senses.
Then we incorporated Art into it with our paints.
The girls giggled and grinned
and I just love listening to their chatter and silly talk
as they work.







 
The day was just too perfect to eat inside
so we had a hot dog picnic outside!
 
Continuing our Nature lesson,
look who joined us for lunch!
Crista laughed because it tickled her
as it inched all the way up her arm.


 
After Crista finished up her studies
and Addie Grace napped,
we headed to the park
with some great friends!
The girls played for 2 hours
and just enjoyed the freedom that
our new life's choice brings!

 
Today was a great day!
And I'm looking forward to many many more!!

3 comments:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

It's wonderful isn't it? Maya needs the freedom to run and play outside. Now everyday is not an easy great day with homeschooling. It started out great but there were plenty of days where holey moley was it not fun, but in the end I LOVE it!
What a neat picnic table.

Hannah said...

It sounds like a perfect day :)

I'm glad you are happy with your decision, it's amazing how once you decide to do it, you realize how special those hours together are :)

CaSandra said...

I couldn't agree more with Leah... ditto to everyone one of her thoughts... including your AWESOME table!!!