I mentioned in the last post
that it rained a lot this summer.
And by a lot
I mean
building an ark wouldn't be a terrible idea.
I think we've had more rainy days than sunshiny days here,
which is quite unusual.
But we can make lemonade out of lemons
and when it rains...
get out the umbrella and enjoy it!
And that's just what my girls did!!
Haha...Yep, this is typical Addie Grace!
Dancing in the rain!
They march to their own beat :-)
Although it rained so much this summer,
we did have a few days that were nice.
Of course it was 100 degrees in the shade with
humidity around 99%...but no rain.
Gracie's birthday is just after Crista's so we
were invited for a fun outing to celebrate Gracie turning 7.
It was our first time to the go-cart track
but it did not disappoint.
The girls loved it!
Here are the oldest 3 waiting in line for their turn.
They're all too small to drive so
one of us always had to drive them...bummer. LOL!
Addie Grace patiently waited for her turn.
I was super proud of how the girls behaved that evening.
No tears or tantrums
even though only one could go at a time.
They were both gracious to their sisters
and enjoyed watching AND riding!
Addie found a penny on the ground and
was so proud!
She told me she was going to put it in her Disney jar.
Next came the first day of school.
This year is a little different for us.
This year we're homeschooling.
We're all super excited about this school year
as Addie Grace starts Pre-K3
and Crista starts the 2nd grade.
Here are a few first day of school pics.
I wasn't too happy with them
so I will be retaking them!
Have you picked up on Addie's personality yet?
She's a ham...always trying to get a laugh!
Crista is still my quiet, sweet child.
But she's come out of her shell lately
and has emerged a confident and independent child.
Our first day...
in our "classroom",
which is also our kitchen table!
I love doing the girls' work here
and we found out the refrigerator makes the perfect
dry erase board
for our lessons!
We've also had some outside play.
But honestly,
we haven't been able to play outdoors as much as we'd like to.
It seems if it wasn't raining, then it was SOOOO hot and humid.
So we've done more swimming and bike riding than anything.
We're looking forward to the fall so we can get back in the yard again!
Crista and Addie Grace have
taken a huge interest in cooking and baking,
which I absolutely love!
I always have at least one "helper" when I'm in the kitchen.
On of our favorite places to go
is Da's pondhouse.
We have a little camper set up for us to stay in
and we can fish and play to our heart's content.
I love the girls have a place they can run and be free in,
to just be kids.
They always come inside at the end of the day
filthy dirty and sweaty.
They love it over there just as much as Jake and I do!
And as much fun as fishing is for the girls,
we all agree that the fish fry afterwards
is even more fun!
Crista and Addie Grace had dentist appointments.
Crista is a pro at it now.
But this was Addie's first visit.
She was a little nervous
so Crista hopped up in the chair with her.
And that made everything all better!
And good news all the way around...NO Cavities!
The highlight of the summer was Papaw and Mamaw's visit.
But I'm saving that for another post too!
Addie Grace learned to wink over the summer.
And does it ALL. THE. TIME.
And its hilarious.
I really need to get it on video,
along with her raising her eyebrows :-)
And finally,
we've been pear picking!
Just today actually!
We headed over this morning to the pondhouse
and got lots of sweet pears to can.
The girls are always a big help
and enjoyed the morning's activities!
And no visit to the pondhouse is complete
without feeding the fish.
So, there you have it!
Our whole summer...or most of it anyway!
We were incredibly blessed to have a super summer.
I didn't think we did much,
but now looking back,
it was packed!!
I'm so thankful for my little family and all the opportunities God gives us!
We were incredibly blessed to have a super summer.
I didn't think we did much,
but now looking back,
it was packed!!
I'm so thankful for my little family and all the opportunities God gives us!






















































2 comments:
In WV we too had a bunch of rain. None of my shots turned out of the kids playing in the rain; the first photos display your photography talents well.
Hip Hip Hooray for homeschooling! It can be a challenge at times, but at the end of the year, it is totally worth it.
P.S. The picture of Addie Grace WINKING made my day!
WOW that was some rain in the pictures you took. We've just been hot! and dry.
So you've joined onto the homeschooling as well. I was surprised it sounded like you really loved the school Crista was at. Hope all is well, it looks like you had a great summer weather and all.
Post a Comment