For a few years now,
Crista has been looking for her "thing".
That one thing she loves to do more than any other.
We've tried several different activities
from gymnastics to art
but she never really wanted to stick with anything.
Until now.
She's been asking for a year now
to play soccer.
She says she loves it
{although she's never played a game...
or even watched one for that matter!}
But she has been insistent that
she loves soccer.
So I signed her up
and tonight was her first practice.
We got there a few minutes early,
but we were one of the two
only
cars at the whole rec department.
Kind of strange, right?
I called Jake and that's when we realized
I was over a half-hour early.
Better early than late!
And we know that there's always a silver lining...
so the girls got some great playtime
in the park area,
the one that we NEVER get to visit.
the one that we NEVER get to visit.
I scored some points for that one :-)
Once her teammates and coach got there they hit the fields!
She was the only one on the team who's
never played before.
And after a slight hesitation,
she joined the others
and her spirit and determination
rivaled even the most seasoned player out there!
The coach was wonderful,
taking extra time to
teach Crista the fundamentals as they went along.
And you're probably wondering about Addie Grace, right?
She did a little of this...
...and a little of that.
But mostly, once she saw
this precious baby,
she just kept inching her chair closer and closer.
She just LOVES babies!!
Addie was a good sport
and watched her big sis
play the game that she "loves".
And when Addie got a little bored,
I handed her my camera
and she had lots of fun
all her own!
Not too bad for a 3 year old, huh?!
But the absolute best part of the practice...
She kicks.....
...and she SCORES!!!
I asked Crista how she liked her first soccer practice
and she said,
"I loved it!!!"
and she can't wait for the next one!
I'm thinking,
we just may have found Crista's "thing"!

























2 comments:
Yay! I loved soccer, I can't believe neither one of my kids is playing now. I just loved it...especially the fall soccer.
I hope she has a great season!
That's wonderful! it's in their blood I suppose. Maya has wanted to play for a few years, but honestly we live in the boonies and I don't want to drive into town to do it. Or spend every Saturday. I will have her play at some point because I don't mind spending weekends at horse shows, that I love! So I have to give soccer a chance as well.
Post a Comment