7.31.2013

Lucky 7

On the night before Crista's birthday
I realized I forgot to take one LAST picture
of my 6 year old.
So I snuck into her room after she had fallen alseep
and snapped this sweet picture
of her last precious moments of being 6.
 
Crista really knows how to celebrate a birthday!
She got a total of 4 straight days where
we lived her birthday!
We started off with the family meal.
She requested Chicken Lasagna for her special Sunday Birthday Lunch.

 
 


Of course, there were presents.
The only reason she truly celebrates :-)
 
 
And little Addie Grace was not forgotten!
Uncle Marcus & Aunt Ashlie
surprised her with a special gift too.
 
She loved the pocket book set
and the sunglasses were her favorite!
 
And it seems Aunt Ashlie enjoyed
the chef's set the best!
 
She went to work right away on Grandma,
dolling her up with her new make-up set.
 
 
But I think its safe to say
Crista's most treasured gift of the day were these
sparkly new glitter flats!
She specifically asked Aunt Ashlie for clothes because...
and I quote...
"Aunt Ashlie picks out the BEST clothes!!"

 Crista asked for a strawberry birthday cake this year.


 
After the cake
the kids played the afternoon away!

 
Addie Grace decided Uncle Marcus needed a nap.
I don't remember Uncle Marcus disagreeing.
 
On the actual morning of her birthday,
Crista woke up to a very special present
from Papaw and Mamaw.
Crista has really gotten into Lego's in the past few months
and all she wanted for her birthday
was the Lego Friends Camper.
And she finally got it!
She was SO excited!!
 

We have a tradition in our family
that on birthday mornings
we do special pancakes.
The pancake is always in the shape of her new age
with candles.
And we sing.
This year was no different!



 
That afternoon,
my friend and I took our girls
to Hilton Head
for 2 nights of birthday fun.
Gracie is Crista's best friend
and their birthdays are just days apart.
So we celebrated for two birthdays
and it was a blast!
It was nice to give Crista some serious attention
since the little sisters stayed at home.
 
And while we were at Hilton Head
I did a very short birthday shoot with Crista and Gracie.
The sun went down way faster than I expected
so it was a race against the clock to even get a few
shots in.
But I got a few keepers :-)



 
Crista's 6th year was a good one.
She was always the perfect baby,
our miracle girl,
an answered prayer.
But this year she has shed
every last thing that made her
little
small
baby
or even toddler.
And she grew up into girl.
One who is quiet at first
but one who laughs easily
and smiles often.
One who loves deeply and blindly
and who still wants to hold hands.
One who can get lost in a book
and loves to write and draw.
One who is a self-proclaimed "Daddy's Girl"
but who loves snuggling with Mama every night as we
read book after book together.
One who is, absolutely, without a doubt,
the most wonderful big sister imaginable.
And she has a little sister who looks up to her and mimics
everything she does.
Our hearts have always loved Crista to its full capacity.
So I don't know how it happened,
but somewhere along the way,
our hearts fell even more deeply in love with this precious girl of ours!
We are so so blessed to call her "ours"!!

1 comment:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Happ yLate Birthday! I remember her as a July 29th? that's our anniversary.
What a wonderful birhtday she had, especially the Hilton Head, sounds wonderful. Hope 7 is just as wonderful!