8.24.2012

Show And Tell

I've said it before on the blog
but I'll say it again...
 Crista's school is so great!
Today was another one of those days
that confirmed in my heart we've made the right decision
putting her in public school
and in this school in particular.
Crista has been so blessed with getting the most wonderful teachers,
both in Kindergarten and now again in First Grade!
Today Jake, Addie Grace and I
ate lunch with Crista at her school.
Its always a treat to spend extra time with our Crista.
During lunch Addie was invited by Crista's teacher, Mrs Bell
to come back at the end of the day for
Show And Tell.
I'm not sure who was more excited,
Crista or Addie Grace.
Addie always has a hard time with Crista going to school without her.
She {loves}being with her big sis!
So this afternoon we headed up to the school a little early
and Addie made herself at home in Crista's class.
She was thrilled to be working next to "Sissy"!

For Show And Tell
each student gets his/her time in the chair,
sharing what they brought
and telling the class a little about their treasure.
 
Crista was so proud to show off her treasure!

 
Crista sometimes gets shy when she's the center of attention
so I asked her if she wanted me to tell her class the story
of how Addie came into out lives.
She, of course,
said yes.
I know I've told the story before on the blog before
 {Click HERE}
so here's the short version :-)
 
When Crista was quite young she started asking for a baby sister.
Because the doctors gave us very little hope, 
(like less than 2% chance)
of ever getting pregnant,
I told her she'd have to talk to Jesus about that!
And so she prayed, a lot, for over a year
for that baby sister.
And God honored her prayers
and we were all blessed by our little Addie Grace!
 
I'm so glad the girls have such a unique bond
and extra glad Addie got to spend some special time with Crista today!
 

2 comments:

CaSandra said...

What an AWESOME memory maker; I love Addie's curls in her pony tails :)

Tiffany said...

So glad to see your post...missed you and your family! I had to laugh, June started Kindergarten this week and Kendall cried for an hour about getting on the bus. Something so special about sisters. Glad to catch up, hope all is well.

Tiffany