8.13.2012

Vacation 2012

Back in July we went to Gatlinburg on vacation.
Not counting our honeymoon,
this was only the second real vacation
we've ever had together.
Since we've always lived away from one set of parents
we've always used our vacation time visiting either Georgia or Indiana.
The kids were incredibly good
and were dream kids on the long drive.
Once we got to Gatlinburg we had one thing on our minds...
FOOD!
We decided to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe.

The next day we explored Gatlinburg and
took the kids on the skylift.
They wouldn't let us all ride together
so Jake took Crista and I took Addie Grace.
Crista had a ball
and Addie Grace loved it.
She thought she was a big girl riding in the seat all by herself.


Later that day we found our cabin and waited for
Papaw & Mamaw to arrive.
The girls were so excited to see them finally drive up the driveway!



We treated the entire family to a morning
at the aquarium.
The kids enjoyed being together
after not seeing each other for almost a year.

Crista was super busy seeing the sights
and really wanted nothing to do with the camera
so I focused on Addie Grace,
capturing her expressions
as she experienced things for the first time.




We were under the tunnel looking at the sharks
when Addie covered her eyes
and stated they were too scary.
They did have some really big teeth!

Crista on the other hand was very brave.
She loved touching the crabs.


I love my family
and I love spending uninterrupted time with them!
I am so blessed and so thankful
for this guy and for making every moment together wonderful!!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

LOVE the pictures of you guys having fun! That picture of you and Jake is awesome and LOVE the expressions that Addie Grace makes. She is so cute!