11.13.2009

FFF-Beautiful Gifts




This week's theme is "Beautiful Gifts".
In my life, I've received some pretty wonderful gifts.
But the most beautiful gift I've received is the
{gift of motherhood.}
Through our quest to become parents, I realized just how precious of a gift
motherhood really is.
Because of our hardships trying to become parents, I think I cherish this gift
differently, with a little more honor and pride.



I can remember so vividly sitting on the swing with Crista while she ate a
green popsicle.
She was around 22 months or so.
She looked up at me with those big chocolate eyes of hers and said,
"Mama, where's my baby?"
She had several dolls she played with so I responded,
"Which one, Sissy or Aubrey?"
Crista replied,
"No, Mama. Where's my baby SISTER?"
I just looked at her for a while and finally said,
"Darling, that's out of Mama and Daddy's hands. You'll have to ask
Jesus about that!"
So she did.
{A lot.}
She prayed off and on for over a year for a baby sister.
Through the faith of a child, we'll have another beautiful gift
to cherish!

Make sure you stop by Hannah's blog to see more
Beautiful Gifts!!

17 comments:

Hannah said...

I agree! There is something different when you struggle...not that you love your children more than your friends do but maybe just a different perspective.

I love that picture of Crista and Sprinkles!

BTW...now Sophia wants a baby sister. Hmm...

Arena Mom said...

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful story! I love her with the picture too!

Kim & Dave said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes....I sooo understand the trial to add to our family!

What a great answer to prayer for those big sisters of ours, huh?

Lund7 said...

What a beautiful post! I am so happy for you and your family!

One Busy Momma said...

What a huge, beautiful smile while holding that ultrasound picture!!!!

Looks like she will be a fantastic big sister!!!

Gardenia said...

wow. how did she "know" to ask about a future sister rather than brother? lovely photo

Marsha said...

Sweet post!!! Love the picture like always.
Marsha

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

You are so right you come to realize what a gift they are when you cannot have a child, and then when you do it amazing. yeah I am an only child and I so wanted a brother or sister and my mom explained that my dad had a vasectomy (they believed one parent should stay at home with the child and they could only afford one) so then I started asking Santa.

Just Believing said...

So beautiful ! I think with a struggle of motherhood these is a little more pride and honor when knowing what a wonderful gift

Ashley said...

Beautiful!! I also LOVE the pic;)

Lori said...

She is adorable.

Jaimee said...

Great story, very touching!!! And Christa is such a beautiful little girl, love that photo! I can't wait to meet your newest little one!

Steph said...

I agree! Something about struggling makes you truly appreciate the gift of life. What a beautiful story!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story! Just perfect!

Melissa said...

Love this post. What a beautiful story to remind Crista and her baby sister of for the rest of their lives.

Unknown said...

Love the picture. Her smile just can't get any bigger...wait it can. When she gets to hold her baby sister. Can't wait to meet "sprinkles"

~Emily W. ~

Kim@AmericanMamacita said...

The faith of children! This is such a sweet story - glad I found you!