There are so many things I can give thanks for this year...
great health
charming and devoted husband
sweet as pie daughter
new life growing inside of me
supportive family
old friends...
and new ones too :-)
warm and cozy house
nice clothes
the list goes on and on.
But today I want to give thanks for answered prayer.
You know, God cares about each of our prayers,
even the little ones.
And here's proof...
About 2 weeks ago Crista stated she wanted
"shrimp doughnuts" for supper.
For those of you who don't know the
official language of Crista,
it translates into
Long John Silver's Fried Shrimp.
We decided to indulge her and set off to eat
"shrimp doughnuts".
After eating, Crista noticed they had quarter machines
(you know the ones..you can get gum balls or little toys out of them).
One of the machines gave out
small plastic balls with sports teams on them.
Wanting just "one more" Florida Gator item, she asked if she could try for it.
I explained that with a machine full of balls,
she probably wouldn't get
the Gator one
(and I really didn't want to waste 75 cents on an inferior team)
So we decided to pray about it.
Really quick, we said a prayer and asked God to give us
the Florida Gator ball.
The money went in, the dial turned and guess what???

When we opened that little door and
out rolled a blue and orange ball,
we screamed and high-fived
and everyone in Long Johns stared at us.
But this little story proves two things...
1. God does answer prayers!
and more importantly...
2. God must be a Florida Gator fan!!
Oh Give Thanks!!!
To see more FFF photos, go to Hannah's blog!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also wanted to tell you about a great give-a-way.
Click on the badge to enter yourself!









11 comments:
As an Illini AND a Canes fan...I smiled at your post! Yea for you guys! So sweet!
Welllllll-I wholeheartedly agree with #1......but, #2? Definitely NOT!!! ;) I'm sure He's a Jayhawk, personally!
Oh, those little answers to pray always show me that HE is in the details, and I LOVE IT! So glad you shared this story! :)
cute post,
in case i didn't remember, where do you live in florida? i live in florida!
How cute. Enjoyed reading this post. You do have a lot to be thankful for.
Amen Sister! What a precious little girl you have.
That is the sweetest post and gave me a HUGE smile... God does answer to the smallest prayers!
What a cute post - it made me smile!
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
Awesome!!! What a great post for me to start off my day! Thanks!
"The sun is orange the sky is blue!
God must be a Gator too!" =)
GO Gators! Yay, for answered prayer!! That's awesome!
I loved your thankful list! Congratulations on the baby on the way! How exciting!
Post a Comment