Today was awards day at Crista's school.
Being this is our first year in school,
I really didn't know what to expect.
And I almost didn't go
{its a crazy busy week here!}
But when it was all said and done,
Crista walked away with
her Kindergarten Diploma,
the Get Fit Award,
Art Student of the Week Award,
the Super Reader Award,
and the Most Improved Student Award.
I'd say she had a fantastic first year in school!!
Here's Crista receiving one of her awards from her teacher.
I love the look on Crista's face.
She had no idea she was going to receive an award,
much less 4!
And to think,
I almost didn't go!
I was talking with Ms Kerrie last week
and she wanted me to know that Crista
is her top reader in class.
She also told me
she performed the end of the year test in reading/phonics on her
and Crista scored a 100%.
She got every question correct.
And the test was 13 pages long!!
Ms. Kerrie said we should be very proud of Crista.
I think back to her first day of Kindergarten.
She didn't even know all the letters of the alphabet yet,
and absolutely none of the sounds.
And here she is, top reader!
Crista has really blossomed this year!











2 comments:
Congrats, Crista. What an amazing girl you are. Of course, we already knew that! Love ya!
Way to go Crista!!! She is one smart cookie. Love her! I'm so glad you were able to make the ceremony. You can just see the pride in her face :)
Post a Comment