5.12.2012

Field Day

As Crista's first year in school is coming to an end,
we are in full swing with all kinds of fun activities!
Friday was Crista's first experience with Field Day
and I'll tell you,
her school does it right!
On Thursday they had the Opening Ceremony.
The field day is done Olympic style
and Crista's class was representing the Philippines.
Crista was chosen by her teacher to represent the class in the
Opening Ceremony.
I made her a little Philippines dress to wear
and I have admit
she was pretty darn cute in it!

After the Ceremony.
Crista with a few of her classmates...
and Addie Grace too :-)
Crista has been blessed with a wonderful class filled
with the most precious children!

She's also blessed with a
 loving and compassionate teacher too.
Crista just loves Ms Kerrie!

On Friday the games began!
Crista loved each game
and did her best at each!
She won several points for her Country in several games.
She had so much fun!





One thing I love about Crista's school is the diversity.
There are children from every race attending her school.
That was important for us as we are a multi-racial family ourselves!

In the morning the children played the Field Day games.
They had a little down time before having a picnic lunch.
After lunch the class got a real treat...
they got to play on the big kids playground!
I asked Crista at the end of the day what her favorite part of Field Day was.
And she said emphatically,
"playing on the BIG KIDS playground!!"


Mama got to play a little too.
I found out halfway down the slide
that the Big Kids playground is still awfully little
That slide was a tight squeeze :-)

Taking a break
and getting a snack from the concessions.

Crista and her friends love doing those cartwheels!


Towards the end of the day.
Crista was so hot and tired.
She loves her teacher and just crawled right up in her lap.
I have a feeling Ms Kerrie didn't mind at all.

All in all, I'd say Crista's first Field Day
was a success!
And this Mama had lots of fun too :-)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Great pics!!! I love the picture of you sliding down the slide with her - she looked like she was having a blast with her momma! :)